1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Avatar Work-In-Progress Sneak Peak...

Discussion in 'Avatars & Interactions' started by UncleSpun, Oct 20, 2014.

1. PSX4-ONE

PSX4-ONE Squatter

Is that a sculpting cursor that will be available to us? or that's just for you devs? wow...that will be one hell of an avatar creator system once the product is done :) thanks guys for the sneak peak.

Strong Lover likes this.
  2. Greenshade

Greenshade Neotopian

Thank you for this! It looks very promising! A man true to your word ;) Bring on Wednesday!

3. Latannia

Latannia New In Town

Looking great, deffinately more detail than PS Home avatar so far.

4. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

that little circle you see is the brush tool Z-brush has for sculpting stuff. z-brush is pretty much a 3D modeling program like maya and such but really good for character creation.

IzyWizzy likes this.
  5. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Haymaker Snoopy-Panda New In Town

Agreeing with Scarlet! That would be pointless otherwise! And don't forget about their "tricks up their sleeves" whatever that may be! ;)

Love Enchantress likes this.
  6. Strong Lover

Strong Lover Plebian

Top notch Dave! Now whatever forum people are referring to, I don't know. However, anyone who has issues with that avatar "concept" has no clue what concept means, and little imagination on top of that. It's the preliminary early stage, and if it looks that good now it is going to look fantastic after fully developed in the future! Putting on shades, future is looking bright! :cool:

7. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

It was the one and only Home forum. Comment was made by one of their highest members too lol.

LOL me too *Puts shades on*

8. Love Enchantress

Love Enchantress My love is forever...

Neotopians

Snoopy I wouldn't give that home forum much of any credit, it's basically a bashing on ps home now anyway by people who hated it or those who are being hypocrites now saying home wasn't that great.

ps home was what u made it, that simple. If you used it for fun with friends it was great, but some people used it to troll n my guess is that "highest member" on the home forum was never really for ps home. Some people just never understood that ps home was what you made of it, and it was abused by people who used it to troll.

9. Love Enchantress

Love Enchantress My love is forever...

Neotopians

So totally awesome, thanks Dave!

Xotica Goddess and teentekken like this.
  10. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

This looks great for the beginning stages of a sculpted avatar without any features. This is definitely better than ps home avatars. However I have to be honest when I first saw this I was wondering what it was exactly and wasn't quite impressed at that given moment. Simply because I was expecting more of a finished product with life given to the avatar. So I did some research on ZBrush Software to better understand how an avatar is created from scratch and the amount of time that is consumed in designing it.

This is an old man and you see them include features such as hair, eyes, skin texture & tone etc...

[video=youtube;nTc1ylqEu3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTc1ylqEu3o[/video]

This is of the female avatar from the movie Avatar. It just shows them sculpting her without any features added just yet to give you a broad idea.

[video=youtube;8Z9O-9_49S0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z9O-9_49S0[/video]

I look forward to seeing a more finished product of an avatar later this week as I now understand the process.

11. Risque Fashion

Risque Fashion New In Town

Looks great!

12. dannyboy444

dannyboy444 Squatter

Awesome! may have to dial it down for my "real" looking avatar, but for my super buff fantasy ones hell yh! cant wait!

13. creampuffie

creampuffie New In Town

Wow, very nice! I'm impressed!

14. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

I know Love. I'm pretty much done with those guys.

They all have pretty much gone insane, writing super duper long threads about a game (Home obviously), fighting to keep Home (Not happening) and hating on Neotopia.

I feel like this forum is a shelter from the mayhem that is the Home forum.

Joanna, who is a highly respected member of the forum is the one who said it. Then she showed a picture of Final Fantasy as if to say that it looks better than this. LOL.

Then they said about Kovok's world "Ha, maybe Neotopia should learn from this, take note on how a campaign should be done, not rushed". It was something along those lines.

I like Kovok's thing too but they're starting their Kickstarter in like 2 weeks so it is kinda rushed LOL.

15. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Perfect way to describe my thoughts on these pics

Attached Files:

16. DARKFIRE007

DARKFIRE007 New In Town

Looks great. As a benefactor I should be leading the charge...but at this moment i wonder what the point in this is since it is obvious the kickstarter will massively fail. Oh great, show me what I will never have a chance to edit....yea, THAT feeling. It was a great idea, great effort by all, just not going to happen. Ill stick with it to the bitter end...but all faith is virtually lost in ever even seeing a beta now.

Haymaker Snoopy-Panda likes this.
  17. Gundyrat

Gundyrat Squatter

Hamsters are just imagining the possibilities render looks asome cant wait to see More MORE!! :)

18. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

I know how you feel Dark but don't lose all hope yet. I don't feel in my heart of hearts that Neotopia will be put away so quickly if this doesn't work out. I think there will be a secondary plan.
    I think also we can't gauge accurately the number of people that would be interested in Neotopia by the methods we have been using. As been said before, many people on Home don't even know it's closing. Many that do know are bitter. I say "Build it and they will come". When PS4 users see the icon on their menu they will check it out. Once they get in there the masterful design and shear awesomeness will keep them coming back.
    I think with better advertising and promotion this can succeed if given another chance. We need to explore all avenues outside of Home to get people's attention. Gaming News websites etc as well as Home.

19. Brises

Brises New In Town

I have no doubt about the realism that is possible with unreal 4. More important to me than seeing how good the avatars will look, is what tools we will have for customization. Ignoring for a moment that this is from an RPG, I think having controls like this would be awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB2sEEk7Zss

20. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

Well spoken Sky Blue. I agree with you.