1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Community Shoutbox Q&A with Uncle Spun-Wednesday, 11/26/14

Discussion in 'Forum Archive' started by GreyNeo, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyNeo

GreyNeo Neotopia Community Manager Staff Member Administrator

Shoutbox QnA.

Hello Everyone!

Due to the Thanksgiving holiday observed by many in our community this week, we thought it would fun to switch up our weekly event, and head in a exciting new direction. Since our flag events can only be attended by users with access to a PS3 -and with so many users traveling - we would like to debut a fun, new type of event. Our new forums offer some great features, one of which is a community chat room, called a Shoutbox. A Shoutbox lets you chat live with other users, and the team, who are logged into our forums at http://neotopia.co/community/

We will hold a Q&A with UncleSpun on Wednesday, 11/26/14. But what time you say? Well we want to know what you think! Please leave a time suggestion you believe would work well for both NA and EU. We will post the time when have a better idea of what work for you guys! (Please keep in mind the time differences between the NA & EU regions. Some timezones are as much as 8 hours apart.)

We hope to see you all there! This is gonna be a lot of fun!

*******************************************************************************
    Update! Official time schedule-

We have worked out a two parter for tonight's shoutbox events, that will hopefully work with everyone's busy week. Hope you can all join us at one of our Q&A's tonight. We look forward to seeing you there for some fun and information! =^)

First Q&A will be at 1pmPST / 4pmEST / 9pmGMT.

Followed by the 2nd Q&A at 4pmPST / 7pmEST / 12amGMT.

Thank you so much for your input! See you all soon! =^)

Note: A free neotopia.co/community forum account is required to participate.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. Sam1knight

Sam1knight Life in Balence

Thank you for this amazing update totally rock can't wait thank u GreyNeo cool update x100 :)

Abiatha and GreyNeo like this.
  3. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

maybe for the shoutbox it should be a every 1-3hour break for unclespun to do his work and do the Q&A also. Work or break and then back to the Q&A for like an hour or two? Til around he gets tired and goes to sleep! :)

Abiatha, Sam1knight and GreyNeo like this.
  4. GreyNeo

Good suggestion, @NeoHelper ! Thank you for your reply! =^)

That is similar to how he normally interacts throughout the day. However, this event will be 1 continuous block of time so the community knows when he will be here. So they can come join us, ask questions and have some fun! What we're looking for is a good start time for as many people as possible.

What hour of the day do you think it should start?

Abiatha likes this.
  5. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

I'm home around 4:30 central till around 11 central. Just get Dave and duct tape him to the chair for the day.:p

Abiatha and GreyNeo like this.
  6. GreyNeo

If you can't fix it with Duct tape...chances are, it is not broke! Duct tape always a good suggestion, @tallsloguy! Ty ty for your reply! lol =^)

Abiatha likes this.
  7. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

Well duct tape will keep uncle spun at the shoutbox for quite a while. By the way have you seen Neocortex anywhere? He has been MIA for a while.

GreyNeo and Abiatha like this.
  8. Abiatha

Abiatha Petrolhead

What time is Central time - is that European Central?

GreyNeo likes this.
  9. GreyNeo

1. Abiatha
      I get so confused about the different times - especially with Daylight Savings thrown in the mix - lol!

Abiatha, Nov 26, 2014
  10. iNocturnal

iNocturnal everything is so temporary

Thanks . I'll close my eyes and all hehe - I wanna be surprised for the final product ^_^

11. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

Yup , and your not the only one that gets confused Abi central and eastern are the only 2 I don't have to figure out. No peeking Noc! Well maybe a little.

1. iNocturnal
      Hehe

iNocturnal, Nov 26, 2014
  12. Tara(dx)

Tara(dx) .Loopy

Anytime today good 4me I'm EST............awwww how will i ever represent my fluffyness.....guess I'll hav2 Spunling jump up n down on my comp or tablet lolol joking NeeeEeeOooooTOPIA #EmbraceTomorrow #PeaceLoveNeotopia

GreyNeo likes this.
  13. GreyNeo

We have worked out a two parter for tonight's shoutbox events, that will hopefully work with everyone's busy week. Hope you can all join us at one of our Q&A's tonight. We look forward to seeing you there for some fun and information! =^)

First Q&A will be at 1pmPST / 4pmEST / 9pmGMT.

Followed by the 2nd Q&A at 4pmPST / 7pmEST / 12amGMT.

Thank you so much for your input! See you all soon! =^)

tallsloguy likes this.
  14. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Thanks for the update grey! :)

GreyNeo likes this.
  15. GreyNeo

Thank you everyone for joining us! We had a great time, hope you did too! =^)

16. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

GreyNeo likes this.
  17. GreyNeo

Hiya Everyone!

For those of you curious or were not able to make it out to the Shout box Q&A, we mostly talked about future neotopia content and/or functionality, ie what is or isn't possible in neotopia. Avatar transformations, surfing game, hair editor etc.

There was also mention of corporate sponsors like Coca-Cola or Pepsi. We're not against this, but it's not our 1st choice. We want a community based virtual world, where the communities voice is heard the most. Corporate sponsorships would have a large and lasting effect on neotopia. We would like the world to be shaped by the communities desires and input rather then corporate input. The influence corporate brands would have over the project would be very noticeable and that's not what neotopia is all about.

There will be a blog post later today with much more information about the status of neotopia, and MadMunki in general. Be sure to check it out! The blog post will go live later this evening. I've provided a link to the blog for your convenience: http://neotopia.co/wordpress/?cat=5

Thank you all for coming and giving your ideas and suggestions! We had a great time!=^)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2014
  18. GreyNeo

Closing thread, event was a blast but in the past! =^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.