1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Don't split it into regions

Discussion in 'Moderation & Restrictions' started by Tubifex-90, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Ashley

Ashley Fabulicious

What do you want them to do then? Translate every word in Neotopia to several different languages? There would be a load of complications if it wasn't split

2. NeoResident

NeoResident Squatter

But EU Home covers the 50 countries of Europe, includes parts of Africa & the middle east as well as Australia & New Zealand. That is a lot of countries with a lot of different laws, all in one region.

3. NeoResident

NeoResident Squatter

I think the regional divisions exist because that is the way Sony Corporation have divided up the world markets. There is Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) and so on. It is just their management structure.
    As I wrote in a comment above EUHome includes people from Europe, Asia (middle east) & Australia. That is many different countries with different laws & different cultures. To me, the regions are a Sony business practice that Neotopia should try to work around. I want Neotopia to be one world.

4. sarahlee242

sarahlee242 New In Town

Isnt that what they on home, and any other game already? depending on what language your system is set to?

5. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

I hate when Home is split into different regions, because many of the stuff are limited to certain regions, and you can't get certain items in that region. I am pretty that it will be worldwide. I really want Neotopia to be worldwide. NA, EU, Asia, everything. Worldwide is always better.

6. iLikeChicken

iLikeChicken New In Town

I don't think they're going to split it into regions. I think the fact they have a specific currency for the game supports an inclusive approach, this way it is universal and will not be based on the currency of your country. You can play other games online with people from different regions while using the same in-game currency (e.g. GTA V Online). I don't see this being an issue.

7. Tura Satana

Tura Satana Squatter

It's not just about language and currency. Having the regions together is not as simple as WANTING it to be. See my above post.

And look, EU hasn't even gotten the neotopia items yet. If there was no region separation, then NONE of us would have them yet.

8. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

I agree, I think a region free virtual world on Playstation is a wonderful dream but it just won't happen for all the reasons mentioned.
    If you make Neotopia a place that is acceptable to all cultures then you won't have much to see or do, lol.

9. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

I wouldn't want to play with Japanese users.

American & European are totally fine, however it's quiet annoying when you see German + French people not having a single idea on how to speak english.

10. ElizabethandAlex4ever

ElizabethandAlex4ever New Member

It all depends on other countries policies in social media. It would be cool to all be in the same region but like the scej scea sceu all are different from each other. So it may not be helped. I guess we'll have to wait and see. But it will be cool to have one region. :D