1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Emotes And Interactions

Discussion in 'Avatars & Interactions' started by Shadow-Runner, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

Every avatar in Neotopia, should come with a standard set of emotes and interactions. Much like the R1 sub menu on Home. These emotes should range from greetings, celebration, dancing, sitting, laying down and so on. I wasnt happy when Home started adding a ton of emotes, poses and dance packs...and threw a price tag on something so....BASIC and fundamental. I understand developers gotta make money, Im just not sure if that was the right way to do it. Buying a pose in the store for $2.99...just to be able to lay down, seems like a scam to me. Especially when there are MMO's out there, that offer these basic actions and animations, for FREE. Bottom line - only charge for "special" emotes that extend past the scope of basic interactions.

VickyYoshikawa likes this.
  2. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

I like the group and double emotions Like we got at the end of home as we know it now. Just need to be a lot more and A way not to have cluster my inventory would be nice too

3. PSX4-ONE

PSX4-ONE Squatter

On that note...I can't tell you how many times I felt disappointing about spending $ buying some LMO (Locomotion) only to find out that I didn't like nor that it wasn't what I was expecting, so my suggestion is, please!!! O pretty please add a preview for animation or a "Try before you buy" function for interactive items. I know that I bought several items that in the ended I never ended up using because it wasn't what I was expecting...and well...we all know what the policy was about buying items on HOME was for SONY.

4. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

Yep. PSX4-ONE makes a very good point, there. A preview or TRY function would've been VERY welcome, on Home. Sadly...it was never a priority and was never implemented. If people dont know what they're getting, what it looks like on their avatar or what it does....they're gonna be less likely to buy your product. Here's hoping the preview feature makes it's debut in Neotopia.

5. neocortex

neocortex neocortex Administrator Moderator Developer

We'll have some default emotes, gotta be able to say hello! Again this is probably something that we'll put to the vote in due course. Oh and we want try before you buy as well, for apartments, locomotive items and activities.

6. Mar

Mar Squatter

Awesome idea m8. Default dances, interactions and poses. More poses than PlayStation Home please, the amount it had was ridiculous, much limited.

7. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I like the sound of that "try before you buy" :)

8. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Wow cant wait to see what neocortex and the neotopia devs are gonna come up with! :D
    but, I hope when we are on a chair or what ever there are alot of options to choose from when sitting or laying down or relaxing :)

9. meekgeek93

meekgeek93 New In Town

I support this idea 100%.

I really hope to see realistic animations, too.

Personally, I can't stand it when I see an avatar's dance, pose, or LMO of any kind, make their movement look rigid or unnatural

10. dannyboy444

dannyboy444 Squatter

a decent 'idle' pose/animation. Is it just me or does the male Home one look like its spitting on the floor? lol

11. NeoResident

NeoResident Squatter

"Try before you buy" is very important. Not just for animations but for anything you buy. You should be able to try on new clothes & visit private spaces to see if they are what you want.

I hope accessing LMOs will be much better than Home. My Inventory is so full it can take a long time to find what I am looking for.

12. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

Would you be willing to rent clothes and stuff for say 30 days or a week. That would allow you to try items out and decide if you like them. Could also help keep inventory less cluttered. could rent certain clothes for events. Friend having a ballroom dance? Not to fond of having a gown in wardrobe you never use. Rent a ballroom gown for the dance. Halloween coming up rent a costume for the month and after that it won't be taking up space in storage. A game i play has a rent or buy in character edit screen. You have a few hairstyles and stuff to pick from, and the other hair you can rent or buy. Not sure how neo coins will be though. 1 coin = $1 or 100 coins = $1...

13. crimsoncadavre

crimsoncadavre undead ecstasy

Yes I think star wars the old republic is a good example. You have basic empress and complex premium ones.