1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Exiting store while downloading content

Discussion in 'Currency & Shopping' started by Arwen, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Arwen

Arwen Resident

Would it be possible to exit the store after purchasing items while the said items are still downloading to the users account.
    In Home I've had to wait up to 15 minutes while content purchased from the store downloads and I've heard of others having experienced longer download times.
    And there was no difference whether there was one or many items.

2. iNocturnal

iNocturnal everything is so temporary

Suppose if we get an error or anything could happen while roaming around - I think sticking to the page of the item downloading is alright. I rather wait 5-10 minutes and get what I paid for :/
    it sucks tho coz home never used to be like this

3. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Yea i agree with Scarlet... Better safe than sorry!
    and besides they should make a download in background feature an option... So if we freeze or whatever we get back on the game it continues where it was last downloading just like when you
    download a game off the psn store :)

4. Arwen

Arwen Resident

In the early days of Home there used to be a lot of errors and many times they happened when I was in the store while the content was in mid download and I would get kicked off Home, once Home had reloaded whatever I had purchased was always where it should be.
    My point is, if an error kicks you off Home while purchased content is downloading and the content is still added to your account, why do we have to wait in the store while the download is taking place?

5. Ashley

Ashley Fabulicious

Every time I buy something, I click confirm purchase and immediately quit home and restart, it's so much faster than waiting. It literally only takes two seconds to download the item into your wardrobe or whatever, so the wait time is absolutely crap

iNocturnal likes this.
  6. Roxy Jezabella

Roxy Jezabella New In Town

You can quit home and re-launch it during validation and still get your items, i do it all the time because of the long validation times.

iNocturnal likes this.
  7. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

wow I never knew that, thought it could corrupt or mess up ur account! Thanks now I know:)

8. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

Really looking forward to hopefully never having to wait up to 10 minutes to verify a single shirt on Neo. lol :cool:

iNocturnal likes this.
  9. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

I don't see why this couldn't be implemented as all you would need to do is set a little status loader on the screen somewhere. Most of the time on Home when downloading content is verification and server management between item and account. Which is why it took so long.

iNocturnal likes this.
  10. Mikasa Elly

Mikasa Elly New Member

Yes it would be great if we could do other things while the content was downloading if it does take awhile. But I've had that problem as well with the long periods of waiting for content to be downloaded , and erroring.

Rorschach likes this.