1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Flowing hair

Discussion in 'Avatars & Interactions' started by Love Enchantress, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Love Enchantress

Love Enchantress My love is forever...

Neotopians

It's not animated, but it was supposedly used with the Unreal Engine 3:

Attached Files:

2. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

Agree. Flowing hair adds more realism to your avatars, unlike Home. I don't want the hair to be like a statue like it is on Home. Home hairs are like statues, and we don't want that. We want realistic hair that flows, plus add the wind effect for the avatar hairs, even when the weather effects kome to NeoTopia.

3. Love Enchantress

Neotopians

Yeah, they could even just animate part of it at first. It is a real challenge to make animated hair that flows when I started looking around about it in virtual worlds. I know they can do it though, n I will be happy to wait for it!

Keep telling everybody you know about how amazing neotopia can be if they just make some pledge n get some people in here to pledge!

4. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

I can not wait to see my old man avi have flowing hair lolol. #MayorMoon #WardenMoon

[​IMG]

Abiatha and Strong Lover like this.
  5. Xotica Goddess

Xotica Goddess Plebian

I would spend even more than what I did in ps home if they made our hair like this! flowing n customizable so it can be unique!
    Take my money already! I really hope people are spreading the word about this everyday now.

6. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

Video of the pc game Vindictus, 2 characters shown and they did a really good job with flowing hair and clothes.

7. Love Enchantress

Neotopians

Abiatha and Xotica Goddess like this.
  8. Love Enchantress

Neotopians

Try this link for a video with characters from the same game that shows the hair and avis much better:

[video=youtube;XwaZwPI7DnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwaZwPI7DnM[/video]

9. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

I've been playing the game since 2010 on and off. They characters and clothing are very cool. To me the game get a little repetitive and i stop playing for a few months. I also found this character editor from a new game due out called Black Desert. So far best one i have seen. You can click on sections of face and use slide bars to adjust. Shows mid video. What if neo sold different eyes in store. Like you could buy star, spade, spiral, cat, or other designs for eyes instead of just normal colors. Something like this editor would be cool to have in neo.

10. Love Enchantress

Neotopians

Twinkling eyes with flowing hair would be to die for! ♥

Abiatha and Strong Lover like this.
  11. Love Enchantress

Neotopians

Here's another video showing the succubus character from Vindictus fighting and her hair flows with every movement:

[video=youtube;umaWUjymzFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umaWUjymzFM[/video]

The flowing hair used in that game could easily be applied in neotopia, I would think.

12. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

Might have to be implemented at a later date with the time constraints. Saw another vid of black desert editor. The face has dozens of "bone structure spots" each one can be adjusted with slider bar. Also the hair has locks that can be moved with a slider bar to. Very detailed.

13. Brises

Brises New In Town

Honestly secondlife has been doing almost all these suggestions for years. Maybe Madmunki should just study them?

14. xXFableStoryXx

xXFableStoryXx New In Town

Sounds like a great idea for Females, would be hilarious seeing a guy with sparkling long flowing hair.

Abiatha and Love Enchantress like this.
  15. Love Enchantress

Neotopians

Some guys would probly like that. If it makes them happy and they don't act like jerks, I won't have any problems with it. Just like some women might like butch haircuts, wearing guy-like clothes and looking really mean. If they are still nice when they actually talk or write, I wouldn't mind. It's how they treat other people that really matters.

I would rather be in a world with more happy and free people than a bunch of miserable trolls and social morons like what PS Home has become.

16. Xotica Goddess

Xotica Goddess Plebian

they should!

teentekken, Abiatha and Strong Lover like this.
  17. Xotica Goddess

Xotica Goddess Plebian

isn't that the truth?

18. Macie

Macie New In Town

I really like the idea of dynamic hairstyles, not just women, but hair and clothing in general. I agree to this! :eek:

Also, I saw the entire team of neotopia and there aren't any females to my knowledge, and I don't mean to sound offensive, but it'd be good to get hip, up-to-date women pumping out ideas for women's clothing and hairstyles that would attract this societies audience.

or maybe a cute, sleek outfit like a peter-pan collared dress and a beige belt to match? ;)

Attached Files:

19. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

Maybe they can get the Dani collection on Neotopia.

Love Enchantress likes this.
  20. Love Enchantress

Neotopians

I think we will see a talented woman on the neotopia team after it gets up n running. I agree that it is important, but dont worry, there's a lot more female graphic design artists out there than u might think. As far as ideas, that's what we are here for. They don't need to hire any woman for ideas, they have us females here n more in the future for that.