1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Help? Spun

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by EndingDemise, Jan 27, 2015.

1. EndingDemise

EndingDemise Click My Name to view my Blog!

So im pretty for sure you would know this answer. You said Madmunki was having money problems. Why not have a donate button on your website? You know 5$ 300 people is 1,500 dollars. Thats just starting small, but it would help with a smaller version of the game, help move things along. I think it would be good for Neotopia. I know you dont want to rely on the communitys money and want to do it on your own before coming to us, but were with you let us help the ones that want to theres nothing wrong with it and i think many would agree. Im sure you have a legitment response.

2. kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto

kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto Well-Known Member

The same, Ending I would also tell it here but the whole time I did not know how must I explain it in english cause my english barrier. Ty ty Ending for the posting and Ur perfekt english. This idea was also mine the whole time.

EndingDemise likes this.
  3. kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto

4. EndingDemise

Thank you Kaz. Im sure we all would love to have this donate button on the site. It would help and help us bc Neotopia would come along faster.

5. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

UncleSpun stated that if he needs money he will do it, but at the moment he is ok. He will get money via a kickstarter. He doesn't want to ask people for money yet because he is ok for now :)

6. GreyNeo

GreyNeo Neotopia Community Manager Staff Member Administrator

@EndingDemise Thank you so much for your concern and eagerness to help, it's so appreciated! =^) Please try to not worry about funding at this point in time. madmunki itself is fine, the project is at point where development is the most important priority. Finishing this stage of development will help neotopia's funding in the future. We do not want to take donations/funding from the community at this time.

However, when we do have all of the information needed and the first stage of development is at a point where we are able to provide the community with a honest, clear timeline for neotopia's development and release - at that point in time - we will be searching out more funding. We appreciate the community's desire to help in all possible ways but we want to be able to provide our community with honest information and expectations before we take a single dollar, from anyone.

If you haven't read this thread yet, http://neotopia.co/community/threads/info-solicitation-and-fundraising-at-this-time.582/ This thread will help to explain further why we are not taking donations at this time.

7. GreyNeo

GreyNeo Neotopia Community Manager Staff Member Administrator

T hank you @NeoHelper for your help answering this question. We don't have a specific crowding funding site in mind, if we go with crowd funding . KickStarter is a likely option though if we go that route. Just wanted to make it very clear, so the community doesn't expect something that may or may not happen. But ty ty, I appreciate your help! =^)

NeoHelper likes this.
  8. EndingDemise

Thank you very much will read it right now.

9. kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto

Nope :)

10. kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto

Oh? But I have think the kickstarter shall not take place because it is not enough money. Or have I misunderstand U again Veiled?

11. kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto

Oh sorry Veiled. I did not know.

12. EndingDemise

Well once the developer team is ready. The ones who are ready to donate will be to.

GreyNeo likes this.