1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

[INFO] Announcing 'Big City Stories' by Hellfire Games - PS4

Discussion in 'General - Off Topic' started by GreyNeo, Jul 20, 2015.

1. GreyNeo

GreyNeo Neotopia Community Manager Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

One of Home's most popular and community minded developers has announced a game from PS4! 'Big City Stories' is a free to play city builder, basically the next generation successor of Home Tycoon. We first heard about this project last year when they released a technical demo (not a alpha or beta demo, just a sneak peek so to speak) of 'Big City Stories'. Mind you this video is 9 months old, but it should give you a very basic idea of where they are heading. 'Big City Stories' is being built with Unity 5 so the advancements since the tech demo should amazing!

The next info that came out about the project was in December of 2014 in a interview with YPSH. The article is chalk full of info and provided some of the 1st images since the tech demo. If you'd like to read the article, here's a link .

[​IMG]

Hellfire has been very quiet about the project in recent months, until now. In the last 2 weeks (usually on Mondays) they've released more info via their newsletter and social media. We're starting to get a better idea of how 'Big City Stories' will work and what features it will have when they release it later in 2015. Here's HF's description of their game:

" We’re thrilled to announce our most ambitious project yet. Big City Stories is a free-to-play city builder where you construct and manage a custom-built metropolis with the ability to explore the city you’ve created at street level. As the mayor of your city you are responsible for creating a robust economy, balancing resource production and worker management with population size, pollution, and citizen’s happiness.

In between strategic city-planning, you can triumphantly walk among your fellow citizens, enjoy the awesome structures you’ve built, and take part in zany activities, like warding off waves of zombies with fireworks your police chief confiscated from local kids.

[​IMG]

Construction isn’t just limited to buildings, as mayor you can customize your city with a wide variety of objects you can place anywhere. Use your imagination to create crazy race tracks, city-wide obstacle courses, or massive firework spectacles. You’ll also be able to visit other cities and participate in activities with other mayors, or invite friends into your urban creation.

What kind of city will you construct? Will you meticulously craft a booming economy with a happy population, or will you build a giant concrete playground? In the end, it’s your city and your story."

[​IMG]

I enjoyed Home Tycoon on Home and I'm excited for BCS! =^) HF was always very involved with community and stayed with us til the very end of Home's life cycle. Going so far as to make items in the Giftanator gift machine ( Our very own @Sam1knight was #1 on the Giftanator leader board - woot! :cool:) free every week, eventually making everything free the last 2 weeks of Home. I'm looking forward to seeing what HF has in store for us with BCS. I'll update this thread as more information becomes available. :)

What do my fellow neotopians think? Please feel free to comment or ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer for ya =^)

For more information and to be the first to know about their open beta, sign up for HF's newsletter here

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook here

Follow them on Twitter here

Thank you everyone! =^)

Source: Hellfiregames.com

2. GreyNeo

More info and pics about BCS were published on Tuesday, have a look! =^)

Pics first :photogenic: :photogenic: :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First images released of their avatar:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

" Now that you know about our newest project, Big City Stories, it’s time to describe how it works, and what the game play looks like. Being a mayor is more than kissing babies and driving nice cars in parades. Once you take office in your new city, you will have the opportunity to plan and craft your entire metropolis. When managing your city’s infrastructure, you will view it in “planner mode,” from a top-down perspective.

From planner mode, you’ll be able to construct a wide variety of buildings that produce resources for your city, or keep your citizens happy. Balancing your economy with residential, commercial, and resource structures will be a driving factor in your planning decisions

As mayor, you can place these buildings anywhere you see fit. Organize your city by districts, or mix all your buildings together in order to recreate your favorite real-life skyline. You have total freedom in deciding where your roads go, which buildings stand next to each other, and how you shape your urban landscape.

Roads you place will automatically connect to adjacent streets, creating intersections, crosswalks, and stoplights wherever they’re needed allowing you to focus on city planning. Traffic will dynamically build on your streets, pedestrians walk your sidewalks, and as your population grows so does the presence of public transportation.

Once you’re satisfied with the placement of each park, building, and road, a simple button press will bring you street level with zero loading time. Here you will see yourself just as your citizens do, with a fully customizable appearance. Choose to be male or female, tall or short and wear the clothes and hairstyle that suit your personality.

After viewing the details of your city from the streets, you can take part in different Stories—structured missions that task you with different mayoral duties. Upon completion, you will earn XP, or other resources you can use to expand your city.

In the coming weeks we will be detailing how the city economy works and what you will need to do in order to plan your perfect city. Soon after we will dive into the different activities you can participate in inside your city!"

teentekken, Uniquez_SLB and Tara(dx) like this.
  3. Tara(dx)

Tara(dx) .Loopy

@GreyNeo ty for posting this for our community.......it's the only 1 I'm looking forward to See wat develops cuz HF cares& listened to us & seem to want nothing but the best 4us all, just like our truly caring & Simply amazing Spunderful Madmunki...... #IwillalwayssupportMadmunki[​IMG] [​IMG]

Uniquez_SLB and GreyNeo like this.
  4. Tara(dx)

Tara(dx) .Loopy

btw I hope they put lmo's into the game cuz next to my Spunland Lmos their Mood Cloud was my fav [​IMG]

5. GreyNeo

Ty ty so much for the support, it's def appreciated! :D You're very welcome for the info =^) Nothing wrong with having options and knowing what projects are in the works =^) In fact, I'm following another project that's PC only atm, but it's very Home like. It's called 'Tower Unite' by Pixeltail Games....I'll make a thread about their project as well, in the not too distant future.

Uniquez_SLB likes this.
  6. GreyNeo

The Moodies line was one of my favs too =^) I believe they mentioned having animations, at some point....just can't remember atm where I read it lol. But I'd be very surprised if they didn't have them :)

Uniquez_SLB and Tara(dx) like this.
  7. Tara(dx)

Tara(dx) .Loopy

TyTy for the info Sis ur always looking out for us and I kno we all appreciate u vry berry muccchh:D

8. Uniquez_SLB

Uniquez_SLB Gangsta

wow looks awesome thnxs GN 4 the info :) ;)

GreyNeo and Tara(dx) like this.
  9. GreyNeo

You're very welcome, SLB! =^)

10. GreyNeo

More info about BCS was released this week on Friday =^) Enjoy!

Here's all the info, including a zombie feature :zrawr: :zwtf: :zthumbsup::

" Fight Zombies in One of Several Activities in Big City Stories

In last week’s feature we spotlighted one of Big City Stories’ main gameplay mechanics: the ability to switch from city planning to third person without a loading screen. We briefly mentioned “activities” that you could engage in at any time. These mini games offer bursts of different gameplay that can be initiated at anytime.

The QA team calls our first activity “Zombie Splat,” but there’s no telling what name will stick. The goal is to protect your citizens from waves of brain-hungry zombies. You can take out the zombies by running them over, or shooting them with fireworks. Yeah, it’s ridiculous, and a total blast to play.

[​IMG]

The game is composed of waves, with each more challenging than the last. The zombies run through your streets attacking and infecting your citizens. Make sure you watch the citizen counter at the bottom of the screen because if it hits zero, you lose.

[​IMG]

It’s imperative that you drive through your streets with total mastery, picking up more fireworks, shooting zombies, and barreling over them with your vehicle in order to maximize your score. You can rack up big points by stringing multiple kills together. You can also utilize “bait” to lure zombies into tight spots so you can run them over and rack up massive combos.

This mini game is only one of many to be included in Big City Stories, and illustrates the variety of things to do within the game. You can carefully craft your perfect city, manage every park and building location, and keep your citizens happy. Then, protect your streets from zombie hordes with a firework arsenal and strive to be the champion of the leaderboard any time you want.

Next week we return to the city building component and focus on upgrades."

11. Uniquez_SLB

Uniquez_SLB Gangsta

awesome thnxs 4 the info GN :) ;)

GreyNeo and Tara(dx) like this.
  12. GreyNeo

You're very welcome! It's looking better and better =^) The zombie game looks pretty fun
    :p

Tara(dx) and Uniquez_SLB like this.
  13. GreyNeo

Hellfire released more info a few hours ago about BCS, giving us further insight to how BCS will look and play. This week the news focuses on upgrading your buildings. :)
    Check out the latest pics and info below! - Enjoy! =^)

Upgrades Take You From Town to Metropolis

" Cities are often described as living beings, exuding personality from their streets. Every block tells a story, each building is a monument to those who designed and built it, and all neighborhoods hold corners to be discovered and remembered. Likewise, in Big City Stories, your city is a living, thriving community that reflects your planning and effort. And just like its real-life counterparts, your city will continuously grow and evolve as you play.

Buildings in Big City Stories do more than look amazing, they produce resources and support the overall population of your city. The lifeblood of your city, the people running it, the electricity powering it, and the businesses supporting it all come from the buildings constructed by you. Each resource is tied to a category of construction.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

When you first take office you inherit a small city with simple but functional structures. As time advances and you’ve amassed the requisite resources, you can upgrade the buildings to reflect your keen management skills.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As your buildings grow higher and higher, they’ll grant you added bonuses. Commercial structures will bring in more money, energy producers generate more power, apartments and homes house larger populations, and banks store more of your cash.

Every building can be upgraded, and you can express yourself by focusing on improving your favorite structures. Visual updates accompany your city’s progress, and buildings become bigger, more intricate, and will show other visiting mayors how prestigious you’ve become. Once your city looks like a modern metropolis, you’ll look back at your humble beginnings with an air of pride only felt by those as accomplished as you."

[​IMG]

Tara(dx) likes this.
  14. Tara(dx)

Tara(dx) .Loopy

Ty♡Ty 4always keeping us in the loop @GreyNeo .....Wonder if they would allow players to paint their own buildings.......My color palette of choice Purple♡Orange♡White[​IMG]

GreyNeo likes this.
  15. GreyNeo

You're very welcome! That's a great question! I really hope they allow color customizations, too =^)

Edit: I've asked on them FB, hoping to get you an answer =^)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    Tara(dx) likes this.
  16. GreyNeo

They replied with this:

"Hellfire Games We've kicked the idea of changing the colors around the studio and would like to implement it. However, as of right now the colors are static. We are super busy with all the other game's features so it's hard to say. So the answer is a big maybe. Thanks for your question!"

Tara(dx) likes this.
  17. Tara(dx)

Tara(dx) .Loopy

See☺ur truly Spunnerrific Ty☆Ty 4asking them Sis♡

GreyNeo likes this.
  18. GreyNeo

Awww, you're very welcome, Sis! My pleasure =^)

Tara(dx) likes this.
  19. GreyNeo

Hellfire has released more info today about BCS and this time we get videos! (Yes, videos - 2) Woot! =^) Have a gander and see what they've been up to :D Enjoy =^)

Gameplay Video of Big City Stories’ Object System

" While buildings define a city’s skyline, it’s the smaller objects that give a city its character. Cities aren’t just a collection of roads and buildings; they contain all manner of smaller objects like signs, road blocks, landscaping, and art. Inspired by this, Big City Stories, uses an objects system that lets you place a multitude of items in your metropolis. You can place these objects to transform your city into a racing course, a parkour’s delight, a chill place to hang with your friends to watch fireworks, or whatever your imagination conjures.

The racing category of objects is perfect for those wishing to create their own road course. Using speed boosts, ramps, traffic cones, and concrete barriers you can craft a personal track to race your friends. If you’re more of a daredevil, you can use these ramps and even a loop to set up massive stunt jumps over your favorite buildings.

Want to jump to the top of buildings and scurry from roof to roof? There’s a category comprised of air jets and planks to let you do that. Once there you and your friends can enjoy the fireworks also found in the objects menu. Of course, you can also use these jets and planks to create challenging obstacle courses for you and your friends.

Once you’ve configured your buildings just the way you like, you can use decorative objects to add your personal touch. Use customizable signs to show visitors your favorite areas. Flowerbeds, trees, and other landscaping are at your disposal as well, giving you the tools to bring a unique beauty to your custom-built city.

The myriad of objects available in the game make the customization of your city endless. We can’t wait to see what kind of blinding fast race tracks you’ll make, the massive stunt courses you’ll design, or how you’ll reach the tops of your tallest structures. The objects give you an unparalleled freedom to explore every inch of your metropolis alone or with friends. Ultimately, they allow you to breathe personality into your creation in ways only you know how."

Tara(dx) likes this.
  20. Tara(dx)

Tara(dx) .Loopy

I want my vry own SpunFun City plzzz&Ty♡Ty

teentekken and GreyNeo like this.