1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

[INFO] Solicitation and Fundraising at this time

Discussion in 'General' started by GreyNeo, Dec 2, 2014.

1. GreyNeo

GreyNeo Neotopia Community Manager Staff Member Administrator

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I just wanted to take a few minutes to explain the message of the day banner you see at the top of the Shout box, and why it is there. This past weekend an incident occurred where a eager and overzealous, but well intentioned community member put together a website fundraiser without prior approval. They attempted to make the fundraiser a success by contacting fellow forum members with messages. These messages were moderated as spam and may have appeared blank in your email notifications, We asked them to cancel the fundraiser unfortunately, because we are not collecting funds at this time. Which they did.

The neotopia project is in a phase where we are looking at all of our options and considering them very carefully, especially concerning funding. Any misstep could be potentially disastrous for the whole project, so unfortunately we could not allow a fundraiser of this type to occur at this time. We are grateful the community wants to help right now to try and speed things along. It's so generous and shows such commitment to the community and the project. We're honestly blown away and touched!

With that being said, we must handle any fundraising on our own time table. This is to ensure we are able to provide the community - and anyone who contributes funding - something in return, in a timely manner. Most importantly, a definitive time frame when we would be able to show everyone a proper work in progress model of neotopia. The option of crowd funding again is not off the table. We just want to make sure that if you guys fund us, even a single dollar, that you have a clear idea of when some form of neotopia will be released and usable.

We are still working hard to bring you the best virtual world possible. We are lucky enough to have the most amazing community and we are working hard to make you happy and proud!

So we ask the community to please come to the team first with any suggestions for fundraisers and we will let you know if it is possible and the right time!

Thank you to everyone for your support and enthusiasm! We are humbled and grateful for all of your time and energy you put into this project as well.

Sincerely,
    GreyNeo and the entire neotopia team

2. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Thank for the explanation on this ^_^ Always careful who I give money too and everyone else should be too

3. iNocturnal

iNocturnal everything is so temporary

Thanks for letting us know , neotopia project has our hearts [​IMG]
    It's nice to know people really want this thing to happen :)

4. Sam1knight

Sam1knight Life in Balence

Greeting GreyNeo
    Thank u for addressing this to the Community, I also was confused as to the info posted, I do want to add we have an Amazing Community, And thank always to CM GreyNeo and Dave Team for there hard work and Dedication, we hope to see new update soon, also to the community it an honor to be apart of:) thank u for reading my comment as well sam:) also Neotopia Rocks :)

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO, Abiatha and GreyNeo like this.
  5. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

:cautious:Some people need to learn to ask the staff first than to just try and help :censored: walks away :whistle: but its good to know some people really are DEDICATED to neotopia just to help them this much even if they would sacrifice EVERYTHING just to help it should be worth it :whistle: :bucktooth: :oops:
    I give them real respect doing this such props :oops:

6. Abiatha

Abiatha Petrolhead

Thanks for the explanation and looking forward to investing in this project when the time is right.:)

Sam1knight, GreyNeo and iNocturnal like this.
  7. Arwen

Arwen Resident

My original pledge is quietly sitting in the corner of my bank account waiting for the next time.

8. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

Thanks for the explanation Neo. I agree Arwin the money sits here if we ever have another Kickstarter, or whatever Neotopia needs. :cool:

9. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

Thank you for the information Grey.
    :love: We have no shortage of amazing people in the Neotopia Community that's for sure!! :love: