1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Kovok Avatar Revealed

Discussion in 'General - Off Topic' started by TSUNADE1224, Oct 24, 2014.

1. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

They stated that once released it would look even better then the video

2. CreeHawk

CreeHawk New In Town

The news about project nebula on kickstarter.com

update1

Awesome news!

We have got a private investor for the PS4 support goal! HOORAY!!
    What does this mean?

It means that we no longer need the extra cash to port Project Nebula to PS4! If we reach the initial target of £42000, Project Nebula will be available on PS4, PC and MAC!

Our investor is only interested in the PS4 version, Project Nebula still needs your help to become a reality!

TSUNADE1224 likes this.
  3. Ren_Echo

Ren_Echo Resident

4. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Of course there is room for 2! the question is, which virtual world will be bigger and better, which will be more successful, which one will dominate, and of course which will come out first. ;)

5. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

Having a private backer definetly speaks volumes about the project and how its been handled thus far and It will also be cross platform as well PC, Mac and PS4 which is also a bonus.

6. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

Nebula has worked out way more than Neotopia has with examples, videos and previews. We have one video that just floats around the room.

If we got a video from apartment editor, wardrobe and other stuff I am sure we would have alot more backers.

I am curious what costs so much money with starting a PS4 Game?

Servers or what? Would be nice if they could be more specific.

7. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Haymaker Snoopy-Panda New In Town

The thing is, the Nebula campaign is going at a very slow pace. It shows that videos and stuff doesn't always help. It's all about promotion. However, this makes it quite easier for them as they now only have to reach the small goal of $42,000 but at the pace they're going, it may not get reached which would be quite surprising considering how low it is.

Yup, would be great if Madmunki decided to do it since they have the KS campaign off their back.

8. sweetheart-Amy

sweetheart-Amy New In Town

They shuld all go toghter insteed make neotopia. If more Then one world maybe both world Will lose

JasonReso likes this.
  9. ASapMarkz

ASapMarkz New In Town

Sorry im lost. Who is this?

10. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

New video of pet companions added to the KS campain is now available, they are sooo adorb

[video]https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/assets/002/910/137/a9ec77e6f0e3825417c545a5ab7daec3_h264_high.mp4[/video]

Steven1230 likes this.
  11. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

Thanks for the updated video. They look cool but those avatars still could use some work. Not much different than Homes.

12. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

They already stated that the final product will look even better and what I have seen so far from them is certainly better then what we have seen here.

13. Roxy Jezabella

Roxy Jezabella New In Town

^^ If im not mistaken, madmunki have "stated" that their avatar video "is a work in progress", and they will look better when completed as well!.....Kovok have shown me nothing that puts it ahead of neotopia in my opinion, and those new companions are no better than home graphics!....Looks like its going to be a kiddies platform.

14. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

Actually...from what I have seen and read over at the Kovok Nebula website.....they are totally moppin the floor with Neotopia, right now. Madmunki and the devs better step it up a notch, if they wanna keep their loyal followers. Cuz with so much competition over these virtual world platforms....people are gonna fund the BEST one being advertised. Neotopia doesnt really have much to show people, right now...and all that is doing, is hurting them.

15. Roxy Jezabella

@Shadow-Runner- A video of the Unity engine and some cutesie wootsie companions that look no better than homes graphics is all we have seen from kovok so far......Big deal, its nothing more than neotopia have put out.

16. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

Everything is a "work in progress" not even the neotopia apartment is completed since one of the statues hand is disconnected and the other is not even there and thats an engine they are used to working with, all I've seen is a million excuses from them, while other Devs seem to be able to get the job done.

17. Roxy Jezabella

@TSUNADE- There have been lots of personal spaces on home over the years that have been released then fixed in maintanance patches afterwards, because of glitches etc..... Some are still glitched now....So whats your point?

18. Roxy Jezabella

Even the "MIGHTY" Lockwood's "Dream island" was glitched badly when first released!....You could get up on the roof of the apartment and walk in the air!... and they didn't fix that glitch for months, and thats just 1 example.

19. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

Actually...they showed apartments (wallpaper selections, furniture layouts & decorating)...they showed 3 mini games (A racing game, a survival horror game and an overhead top-down game)...they showed an in depth custom avatar creator, they showed a first person view perspective, they showed a WORKING demonstration of some Oculous Rift support and some companions/pets. Not sure what video YOU saw...but so far, it's WAY more than what Madmunki has shown us, for Neotopia.

Admittingly, I am unfamiliar with the Unity engine...but I do know that it will be in 1080p and much better looking than anything we've seen from Home, in the last 6 years. I'd prefer Unreal 4....but it is what it is.

20. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

The point is, if you know your engine and hardware...and you have extensive experience with it....your content should be near flawless. If this is the level of quality were being presented based on Home's engine and hardware....then what can we come to expect from their work on the Unreal 4 engine? The same subpar quality?

I hope not...