1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Male Avatars

Discussion in 'Avatars & Interactions' started by JR1, Oct 10, 2014.

1. JR1

JR1 Plebian

Ok, this is gonna sound weird, but here goes. Over the years on Home, I've noticed the male pants/shorts have not even a hint of manhood. I cant count how many times I declined to buy pants cause the crotch looked like it was hit by a softball & the dent was permanent, while the female pants, shirts, bikinis left nothing to the imagination. (not complaining about that) Seems to me that giving us men a bit of manhood couldn't do any harm. Was kinda sick of being Ken on Home.

Abiatha, Elodie and xDaMoOnMaNx like this.
  2. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

lol I do have to say that is very true. XD I don't see why this couldn't happen. It wouldn't be that hard for a dev to set a default to be a little more manly lol

Abiatha, Elodie and xDaMoOnMaNx like this.
  3. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

Congratulations on winning our first "I did not see that coming" award..... :D

Valid point....but not a deal breaker for me. I'll let the ladies decide where this one goes. Not touching it with a ten foot pole.... (pun intended)......

;)

Abiatha and xDaMoOnMaNx like this.
  4. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

I agree with this as well lolol #MayorMoon

Abiatha likes this.
  5. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

i for sure agree wit this would aslo like see man have more abs. More eye candy for us girls ^_-

Abiatha likes this.
  6. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

So agree, its always weird not seeing a mans manly hood! :D

Abiatha likes this.
  7. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

I couldn't agree more ;)

Abiatha likes this.
  8. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I agree :)

Abiatha likes this.
  9. JR1

JR1 Plebian

WHEW!!!, I'm glad you all agree. I was starting to feel weird about posting that. It takes a brave soul to tread an uncertain waters. hahaha:cool:

Abiatha likes this.
  10. NeoResident

NeoResident Squatter

The best bulge in Home is the American football outfit from Lockwood. I have had many comments about my manhood when wearing that. Of course a bigger bulge would be OK.

Another manly feature needed for the male avatar is body hair. I do no like my avatar in Home being permenantly waxed. Please allow for real male bodies in Neotopia. Surely we can move beyond the Ken doll concept.

Abiatha likes this.
  11. JR1

JR1 Plebian

I joked on home about guys would pay $20.00 to have a large naked avatar. hahaha. :p

Abiatha and Elodie like this.
  12. champagneja

champagneja New In Town

I never noticed this, but then again I don't make it a habit of staring at guys crotches xD Lulz.

I think we should keep things like this optional for each person, especially if you plan for there to be kids on there. Because at this point, I've seen enough awkward things to last me a lifetime... *shudders*

Abiatha likes this.
  13. Monsoon

Monsoon New In Town

Ok, I agree. But have seen also muscle packets shaped so big and this guys looked awful omnipotent to me.

Abiatha likes this.
  14. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

Very true.

90% of the pants are so short, and the torsos are even worse.

A good example would be the lockwood skinny / saggy black jeans, you can barly find any t-shirt that would fit it.

It would be nice to have a option to make the t-shirt longer, perhaps 2 options "Normal" - "Long" height of it lolz

15. DarkSky25

DarkSky25 New In Town

I agree ! As a man playing a man I am tired of my avi's body looking like 10 year old boy !
    Have a great day all!
    Sam

16. calamity-de

calamity-de Neotopian

Men move like as if they are in some kinda robot mode,stiff as boards..that's home for ya(ken)!
    Solve that and you would get a fair deal of avatars being and staying male.I reckon.

Abiatha likes this.
  17. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

Men walk like ducks on home. Hopefully with the motion capture avis will walk 100% better.

18. Abiatha

Abiatha Petrolhead

When I read this post I couldn't help smiling - it's so true! I ended up making a male avi so that I could get something that looked good in, eg, the Boba Fett outfit which looks dreadful on a female avi (felt like a little boy in a Halloween costume). I went a bit crazy buying various male outfits that I wanted to see walking around as a lot of guys don't seem to want to spend the cash on some of them. Perhaps I went too far with the leopard print outfit but there aren't any fashion police on Home are there? I confess I am a doll collector so just love fashions for both male and female. Besides, after playing various games as a bloke (eg Ezio Auditore), it didn't seem weird. But, yes, I immediately sought out some muscles, facial hair, and nice looking items for my avi. I found some really nice jeans. I guess the, errr, anatomical side isn't that important but clothes that make the avi look like a man at least would be nice, rather than a schoolboy. I also totally agree with tallsloguy that sometimes my male avi seems to waddle awkwardly, whereas the female walks or runs very gracefully and naturally. Doesn't seem very fair to the guys out there!

Elodie and tallsloguy like this.
  19. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

The almost run animation is decent but hard to hold it without waddling or running. Would be nice if they had a creeping or tip toe walk if the controller is eased a tad forward.

Abiatha likes this.
  20. Abiatha

Abiatha Petrolhead

Yes, you describe that very well - a nice slow saunter would be great too.