1. Hi,
    Due to the forum software move, all users will need to click the "Forgot your Password?" link on the login page and reset your password.
  2. Hi Guest,
    Sadly, the Neotopia project is no longer in development. You can read the announcement by viewing UncleSpun's blog: Click Here to View!

Moderation In Neotopia

Discussion in 'Moderation & Restrictions' started by Shadow-Runner, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

One of the things that nearly killed PlayStation Home, was the severe lack of proper moderation. For me personally, it felt like moderation ceased to exist altogether after 2010. Or it just became more...."relaxed." It eventually got to a point, where people are now getting away with just about everything and anything that violates the TOS. If Neotopia is to succeed, I firmly believe there NEEDS to be a moderation staff in place. I realize they cant be everywhere, at all times...but their presence certainly needs to be relevant in the community AND on the servers. Which brings me to my next point. There needs to be a "punishment system" in place for violators and repeat offenders. Suspension is acceptable, but with my experience on Home...a suspension was basically just a slap on the wrist. It was something that was easily circumvented, by going on an alternate account. A dedicated troll, would never allow him/herself to be stopped by a suspension. It's something that needs to be worked out...and we need to establish the foundation for a future "report & punish" system that may include warnings, Isolation (some call this Jail), suspension, termination of service and or a console permaban. We cant have Neotopia be ran by the "law of the jungle."

2. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

If you look up my post on the suggestions you will see the Report system within the Topia that would have a TopiaJail within it that would keep gamers interested, but know they dont want to go in there at the same time.

[HR][/HR] [HR][/HR] [HR][/HR] [HR][/HR]

Attached Files:

Sam1knight and NeoHelper like this.
  3. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Instead of banning from the game I rather there be a jail for the trolls and idiot that dont want follow rules That will be set base on what they did wrong Only bans for people who try to hack mall items I think this is great idea

4. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

Maybe we could end up restricting trolls from public spaces and only limit them to their personal spaces for a certain time period until their "time out" expired. That would probably straighten them out fast. But it's just a suggestion.

5. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

Awesome feature! I really am #Disappointed that PS Home did not have proper moderation, and making things easier for trolls to cyber-bully people. I'm thinking that putting them on #TimeOut can be a good idea. This way, that will reduce all of the trolling, and this would probably straighten them out fast. Only ban those who are trying to hack any items like mall items, etc. That will be a #GoodIdea.

Sam1knight and GreyNeo like this.
  6. DatYandereGirl

DatYandereGirl New Member

I highly agree with you all. I wouldn't mind if they actually did choose mods for the game in the same vein as they maybe choosing moderators for the forum. :p

Trolling and trolls were such a big issue in Home that it turned me off from it for a little bit years ago.

Sam1knight likes this.
  7. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Sadly there is no Neotopia as of now, but maybe in the future they will un-cancel it! :)
    For now they are not looking for moderation :p

8. DatYandereGirl

DatYandereGirl New Member

I was gonna edit this post out, but felt it was a good idea to keep up in case that day comes.

Sam1knight likes this.