1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

My suggestions for Neotopia

Discussion in 'Avatars & Interactions' started by NahumSuperSaiyan2, Sep 29, 2014.

1. NahumSuperSaiyan2

NahumSuperSaiyan2 New In Town

Unlike the Playstation Home's flying Locomotions Neotopia should have flying as one of the basic things we can choose to add for our avatars and we should have the ability to control how high our avatars can fly in public spaces unlike Playstation Home because on Playstation Home it really sucks that our avatars can only fly a few inches off the ground with the flying Locomotions activated. Also Neotopia should have a virtual jail/prison cell where troublemakers avatar's can end up if they purposely cause trouble in Neotopia. Plus Neotopia has to have much faster load times than Playstation Home. The main hub of Neotopia should be very large/wide like an open world city. The graphics should be much better than Playstation Home's graphics. Also our avatar should have the ability to fly much faster and run much faster than on Playstation Home. I would like our avatars to have other types of Super Powers such as shooting energy blasts out of our avatar's hands and have energy Auras on our avatars. Plus our avatars should have the ability to jump which that should be one of the basic moves our avatars can do. unlike Playstation Home. Lastly i would like to see Dynamic weather effects especially gusty wind effects.

Abel, teentekken and Seminole like this.
  2. Your_Empress

Your_Empress Happy and free!

I agree with your ideas for flight for everyone in many spaces, by choice. You can fly if you want or not. This would help keep neotopia competitive with worlds such as Second Life.

However the virtual "Jail Cell"? I don't know about that one, maybe neotopia devs could talk with some Skyrim online developers about how much that cost and how effective it is? It was mentioned on the forums n unfortunately some people will be acting up just to end up in there. Severe violations of a decent code of conduct should just suspend a person from access to neotopia, so that they do not repeat their offenses.

Love Enchantress likes this.
  3. PSX4-ONE

PSX4-ONE Squatter

One day I was so bored on HOME and I had the idea of driving around....instead of using the navigator to take me to some public space, I thought to myself, "it would be really cool if we could actually drive from point A to Point B...so in other words...Neotopia would be great as one HUGE open world, of course you can use your navigator/fast travel but...just a thought, there are weirdos like me that would like to take the long way HOME hahahahaha.

4. Your_Empress

That is a very valid point, PSX4-ONE and should be done to keep neotopia competitive with worlds such as Second Life. neotopia being one huge open world with *invisible* loading points would be much better than a navigator section, the PS4 should be able to handle it with no problems!

An intelligent layout is going to draw people from worlds such as Second Life, instead of people leaving neotopia for others virtual worlds. We need people, all sorts of people to be successful, that is just a given!

5. PSX4-ONE

PSX4-ONE Squatter

I tried second life and I didn't like it honestly...I uninstalled after 10 minutes, then I tried Avakin on my android phone and...it's just a mini HOME from lockwood, has nice little features and a good customization for your avatar but...it's difficult to use (at least for me) on a tiny screen I hope Neotopia takes a different approach on everything and from the interview I saw and read at yourpshome.com, Neotopia sounds like it is taking a whole new approach, it sounds exciting. I like the fact that the developers will be listening to US!!! so I hope this project works perfectly to what's envisioned.

6. NahumSuperSaiyan2

Am glad you agree with my idea of the flying which i hope the flying will be more fluid than on Playstation Home. Also i agree with you that they should just suspend a troublemaker from accessing Neotopia entirely. Am glad they are creating Neotopia for the PS4 which also gives Playstation Home fans hope despite that Playstation Home will close next year. I hope Neotopia gets mentioned at the E3 video game convention in the future.

7. Your_Empress

Many people don't like Second Life, one of the main reasons that I hear of is because of the trolling there. Many PlayStation Home users have told me that the trolling in Second Life is about 10 times worse than PlayStation Home. It is true that Second life has poor moderation, and that does drive users away n does hurt its bottom line.

As far as avakin, i didn't get into that because the avatars seemed *backwards*, not an improvement over PlayStation Home avatars, but a degradation. I do expect our avatars to be an improvement, I feel this will be the case with neotopia, n that is why i support it 100%. Our avatars are core to our alter egos here, n the greater detail in personalization is going to allow us to either make ourselves closer to our real selves or closer to whatever personality we are identifying with. It is a virtual world after all, it's more fun if we have more options n individuality, instead of trying to make it like some golf-course summer club full of uptight people who always have some agenda going on! neotopia should be a place to relax n have fun, a place for friends n to make friends, but not a dating or business service, those things should be kept private between friends on PSN or elsewhere off neotopia, or well at least out of public discussions.

8. NissaRaven

NissaRaven Squatter

I admit I found the idea of a prison cell interesting but I am sure people would cause issues just to try it at least once its called curiosity and I'm afraid even in a virtual world that doesn't change lol

9. NahumSuperSaiyan2

You're right Nissa and since the PS4 has the ability to record hopefully they use that PS4 feature to add onto Neotopia's Grief report options. I hope the development of Neotopia doesn't take 3+ years to be completed especially since some people believe that the PS4 will probably have a shorter life cycle than the PS3.

10. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Second Life in some area has no mods If your in general area If you in a club it has scripted rules you have to follow or you be kick out of the sim It matters how active the sim owner is Second life it self has no mod It all up to sim onwner to watch for trolls and such So sl it matter where you are and what sim Which is sever for non sl users I been part of sl for 7 years so I thought I just tell everyone ^_^

11. XenoChimaera

XenoChimaera New In Town

In PSHome the only option for dealing with trolls was to "block" them. Blocking them only made it so that you would see the harassers at a small distance away from you. The trolls, however, could still see themselves right up on your pixels on their screen and so could everyone else. That "solution" was a total fail in my opinion. I would have preferred it the other way around. The troll's intent is to invade your personal bubble and generally annoy. I think it would have been much more effective if the trolls couldn't see themselves near your pixels once blocked. The alternative is to simply give us an option to make us invisible to them. It would get pretty lonely for them very quickly. Ha!

I would also like to see a built in option for altering colors and patterns of clothing/furniture/apartments rather than a ridiculous amount of re-skinned items such as we saw in PSHome.

I would hope that the servers could handle us browsing our inventory without it taking an hour to choose an ensemble or select an avatar animation (LMO). Greater organization options for our amassed content is desirable.

I always thought that having a virtual customer service center in world would be a more personable way of dealing with issues that may arise rather than having to dig through forum posts to try and find that proverbial needle in the haystack. It would be better than dealing with a customer service rep on the phone who has never used the service and has no earthly idea what you are talking about.

:)

12. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

This is the PS4 they will put their imaginations to the extreme with this! :D
    Flying planes that actually fly as high as you want, Maybe add guns that can actually shoot people and make it look like it injured or killed them! :D

This would just be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

13. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

I believe a wonderful idea would be some RPG within the platform on the moon so that everyone can be a moonman ^_^_^_^_^_^-^_^_^_^_^_^

14. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

That would be a cool way just to get in to Space!

15. Mar

Mar Squatter

That's a great idea, but it has to be a limited height, obviously.

16. NahumSuperSaiyan2

Am glad you like my idea and i agree that it has to be a limited height. I would settle for the flying height of atleast up to 10 feet off the ground but the height of flying should increase depending on how big each space is.

17. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

I really like the idea of flying and stuff maybe that would be possible in a certain zone on the game. Also I like how you snatched my jailcell creation lololol.

[HR][/HR] [HR][/HR] [HR][/HR] [HR][/HR]

Attached Files:

18. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

That's a wonderful idea NahumSuperSaiyan2. I really would like to fly in all public spaces, and yes, even in the sky. Unlike PS Home, you only fly a few inches, and that kinda sucks. To me, PlayStation Home is a little bit smaller as far as space size, but in Neotopia and Atom Universe, all of the spaces will become bigger and more refined than ever before.
    Now, as for my ideas, I want the ability to change the light colors on personal and club spaces, because I really want a colorful light scheme in each apartments. I also would like to have logo creations, and the ability to change clothing to any color via color palette. The color palettes on Home seems really ridiculous, and more limited. Neotopia and Atom Universe will have no problem with those features. Maybe adding weapons like swords, guns, knives, or any weapons will be a good idea for Atom Universe and Neotopia via ability to hold them with any hand like left or right hands. This is awesome!