1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

neotopia Avatar Reveal

Discussion in 'Avatars & Interactions' started by neocortex, Oct 28, 2014.

1. neocortex

neocortex neocortex Administrator Moderator Developer

The neotopia team are proud to reveal the first glimpse of a neotopian avatar in the virtual flesh, powered by the Unreal 4 engine!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1222510567/neotopia/posts/1032334

Please be aware that this avatar is a work in progress and is not fully representative of how the final avatars will look, with further improvements and details to be added in the future.
    The room the avatar appears in is a default part of the Unreal Editor and was not created by madmunki. It is included here to give the avatar context and to show the power of the Unreal 4 engine.

2. Ashley

Ashley Fabulicious

I Iove it!!!!! the apartment is fantastic!

3. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Wow, it's truly better than Home, I love it, great work to the person who made the Avatar (I think it might of been Nadar)

4. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Haymaker Snoopy-Panda New In Town

Yes, it looks amazing! Dem graphics! O_O

Ashley, that's just a default apartment, not Neotopia's, there's an Unreal Engine video showing off that same apartment :)

Who knows what the Neotopia apartments will look like. Since "Debonaire" looks to be the most popular theme, I assume the apartments will look swanky, ya feel me? :)

Excellent work guys! :D

Xotica Goddess likes this.
  5. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

Is it me or did the one in the screen shots look better? In any event Kovok seems to have the upper hand since their avatar looks better Imo and they are considering PC and PS4

6. Arwen

Arwen Resident

If this is a work in progress, I can't wait until the avatars are finished!

7. iNocturnal

iNocturnal everything is so temporary

At least it's a video .
    Thank you for releasing this video the avatar and the capabilities of unreal engine 4 is beyond pshome wouldve ever been ^_^

We can't wait !
    Neotopia FTW ! :D

8. Ashley

Ashley Fabulicious

Oh! Haymaker, I was wondering why the odd looking avatar didn't match up with the amazing apartment graphics lol. I can't say I like the avatar though, it looks weird, it reminds me of Quagmire from family guy or like its neck is gonna pop out and go giggity-giggity-goo

9. Darwin Merlotte

Darwin Merlotte New In Town

Aw hell yeah!!! Love the video, the avatar look's great :)

10. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

Pretty cool start. LOL Ashley on Quagmire of Family Guy. Maybe someone can create an avy like his when Neotopia opens. The customization should be awesome. :cool:

Ashley likes this.
  11. Roxy Jezabella

Roxy Jezabella New In Town

The avatar obviously needs a lot more work, but check out the detail of the appartmant.....WOW!, this world is going to be awesome.... I love you UNREAL 4!

Xotica Goddess and XxguthiX like this.
  12. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Someone who commented on the video came up with a brilliant idea to allow us to use a picture of us and implement it to our avatars' faces. Much like the EA Sports Photo Game Face or the NBA 2K15 face scan feature :)

13. sarahlee242

sarahlee242 New In Town

its something i guess, shows the abilities of unreal 4. but a little movement would have been nice, a 'lil wave or something lol

14. Greenshade

Greenshade Neotopian

Hear, hear! Looks beautiful :D

15. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Ya know, he does kinda look like that rich guy that yells "GET OFF MY LAWN!" except younger looking lol.

16. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

The avatar looks ok.. If only it wasn't so statuey. Lol maybe in the future it'll look better :)

17. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

I know a lot of people are upset but hey, y'all got your wish right? lol.

I hope some of you don't abandon ship because of this because it sureee seems like it.

I agree about movement though.

Roxy, it's not the Neotopia apartment though lol. It says in the description of the thread.

18. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

Love the look and it does look like a work in progress but progress means a fantastic start to something epic :)

19. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Well said Steven

20. Spraymasta

Spraymasta New In Town

YEAH....WORK IN PROGRESS! BUT IT'S PROGRESS THAT BEING DONE FOR FREE RIGHT NOW.
    BET THE TEAM COULD DO A LOT BETTER IF THEY WERE FULLY FUNDED BY THE COMMUNITY THAT'S GONNA DO NOTHING BUT GRIPE AND COMPLAIN WHEN THEY DONT GET ENOUGH FREE STUFF!
    I'm so freakin sick of running into ppl on home that are shown the facts. Given the proof. And these are adults mind you. Then they cry poor mouth as they sit there and inspect a friend so they can buy a freakin 5 dollar LMO!! AGHHH. I'M AT MY FREAKIN WITTS END WITH E-TARDS!!

Tara(dx) and Xotica Goddess like this.