1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Neotopia Hub Personal Space on PlayStation Home

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by LoveNeotopia, Oct 31, 2014.

1. LoveNeotopia

LoveNeotopia New In Town

I wanted to create this topic to stress the absolute importance of spreading the word about the Neotopia Hub personal space which will soon be released on PlayStation Home.

This will be a great source of funding if everyone knows what this personal space is and how it can help support Neotopia. People who could not previously pledge due to various reasons (e.g., lack of PayPal, lack of credit card or lack of willingness to use credit card information) can now help fund Neotopia with the simplicity of using an easily obtainable PSN card. When I initially began spreading the word, people who could not or did not pledge are now enthused to be able to help fund Neotopia by purchasing this personal space. I do hope the Kickstarter can be restarted at a later date but for now I think our job as future Neotopians will be to continue to spread the word and – more specifically – tell people how purchasing this personal space will help the future of Neotopia. I hope to see many people showing their friends the Neotopia Hub personal space photo and telling them how important purchasing this personal space is.

I hope all of my fellow future Neotopians have a safe and happy Halloween!

2. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I think this a great strategy to not only spread the word of Neotopia but to help receive funding for it as well. Since people are still purchasing items in pshome maybe we will get more in numbers and then adding the kickstarter onto it at a later date should help put us up and over the top of our financial goal. I think this is a wise move and in the mean time this will give the devs more time to develop more visuals for people to see.

3. LoveNeotopia

LoveNeotopia New In Town

Indeed :) however, on their announcement of Home's closure, they stated that we would be able to download new content until December 3. Does this mean we can no longer make purchases on PSHome December 4 - March 31? This gives us around 20 days to purchase and convince others to purchase this personal space.

4. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

You are correct.

5. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

I still have money on psn and I will for sure purchase the space lol. I haven't bought a single item for months now in home but For sure will grab this puppy up. I hope they do another kickstarter with pledges again as I liked the options we had :D.

6. Ren_Echo

Ren_Echo Resident

I... don't know about this plan. I'm sure the people who pledged will purchase these items but there is a lot of resentment about Home's closure out there. A lot of those folks are not going to want to buy items they will lose six months from now. That's the mind set they'll be up against with these. At least Madmunki will be able to keep any money they get from this, unlike the Kickstarter,

Love Enchantress likes this.
  7. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

I dont think people will be purchasing anything since pshome is closing... So I don't think it would be such a great idea trying to sell something on a game that is closing in a matter of months :( sorry but I'm going to have to not agree with this plan.

8. StealingHearts

StealingHearts New In Town

I know a lot of people who still spend money on PlayStation Home. I swore I would not spend another dime on it when I found out it was closing but considering these profits will go towards creating Neotopia, I will most definitely purchase it.

9. StealingHearts

StealingHearts New In Town

This isn't their only plan; this is just part of it. Considering they lost all of the money from the Kickstarter pledges, any money they can earn from this personal space is better than none at all. I know a lot of people who swore to never spend money on Home again are going to purchase this once it is released (myself included). This isn't a bad plan, it’s quite wonderful when you take into consideration the people who wanted to pledge money through PSN somehow but it was impossible with the Kickstarter being the only option to help fund.

10. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

You'd be surprised how many people are still throwing cash at Home. They certaintly wont make enough profit to fund Neotopia completely with it....but every little bit helps.

11. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

I am definitely going to buy this space for both my accounts! I rather enjoy my last few months in home hanging with great friends in my hub space.

12. Monsoon

Monsoon New In Town

This is a good idea, it is not the need for making profit, it is a possibility to collect more financial support to Neotopia. Because of this main difference i am looking forward to buying it and spent most of the home ending time inside hoping for an ongoing virtual life on PS4 for all. Thank you! PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD WHERE AND HOW PEOPLE CAN GET THIS APPARTEMENT. WHEN? Not available in the EU? Is this true? How many people are there to back Madmuncki? The community is divided through this kind of restrictions. Please find more possibilities to support Neotopia!

13. DarkSky25

DarkSky25 New In Town

Both my wife and I are buying the Neotopian space! We are both stoked and can't wait to take the next step to help build Neotopia!
    Have a Great day :cool:
    Sam

Haymaker Snoopy-Panda likes this.
  14. Roxy Jezabella

Roxy Jezabella New In Town

Looking forward too getting the neotopia app and telling my friends about it, every bit helps!... and why not do some more neotopia clothing and locomotion items and sell them too!... PS: Just changed my club name too....tag- (BUY THE) club name- (NEOTOPIA APP SOON!)... if anybody wants too use it to spread the word, send club request to that name, and ill accept all requests.

15. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Haymaker Snoopy-Panda New In Town

Right Shadow, because they can't resist lol! Heck, I was really tempted at getting the football locomotion! Yea they're only lying if they claim they haven't bought anything in a year+ or claim they won't buy anything else. I'm kinda curious how much they plan on selling it for?

Absolutely every little bit counts.This is a pretty good idea. Gives them more options to work with. Let's hope people decide to check it out. I'll definitely try to get it myself. It'll give us a great idea of what the hub/plaza will look like.

16. Gundyrat

Gundyrat Squatter

Thank you Love I posted this to 100+ on my list will probably be a subject of discussion at Saturdays Hamster Freedom Meeting

Haymaker Snoopy-Panda likes this.
  17. Arwen

Arwen Resident

Ok, it's the loss of a vitual item but it's also a gain towards the creation of Neotopia.
    Some of my friends are still buying apartments, so I can't see it making much difference.

18. sweetheart-Amy

sweetheart-Amy New In Town

I Will buy The space also :)

19. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

Me too sweetheart-AMY. Can't wait. :cool:

20. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

I'd love to buy the apartment, even if It was out now, I wouldn't be able to since SCEE will probably won't allow the apartment to go on to EU.