1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

NO GENDER SWITCHING!

Discussion in 'Avatars & Interactions' started by Tallcaligirl_63, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tallcaligirl_63

Tallcaligirl_63 Squatter

I am so tired of people being able to switch back & forth the gender of their Avi. I would like to see implemented in Neotopia where when you make your account, once you choose your gender, it's fixed & there is no switching back & forth.
    Also while on this subject, DO NOT have rewards or purchases include clothing or LMO's for male & female. It takes up much needed space for other items that are wanted AND makes going through LMO's take longer to go through. If it is a reward,let the person choose their gender for it.

_xJ95Nx_ and Xotica Goddess like this.
  2. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

I understand what you're saying, but I as a Home user, I use both Male/Female avatars

Abiatha, Xotica Goddess and NeoHelper like this.
  3. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I only use a female avatar however I have made a male avatar so I wouldn't be harassed by pervs while roaming home. Since there's going to be new ways to eliminate disruptive behavior then there may be no reason for a girl to create a guy avatar to hide behind. But I can't speak for everyone's reasoning in using both gender avatars… So it wouldn't bother me to just receive free awards for my female avatar. I spend all my money on my female avatar anyway.

4. Tallcaligirl_63

Tallcaligirl_63 Squatter

Sorry, just something I'm tired of seeing people do. You're either a male or female, not both.

5. Tallcaligirl_63

Tallcaligirl_63 Squatter

As do I seminole....that is purchase just for female. I NEVER in all my four years on home needed to switch to a male avi & I survived just fine 😁

6. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

That's good I'm glad you were able to dodge those pervs lol

7. JR1

JR1 Plebian

O no! If you did that then the "lesbian" population would be closer to the actual census. (not 89% like it is on Home now) hahaha. :confused:

Abiatha, Xotica Goddess and NeoHelper like this.
  8. Tallcaligirl_63

Tallcaligirl_63 Squatter

I never dodged, I tackled them head on, lol
    And
    In reality if a girl does need to dodge them, make an extremely ugly avi. 😉

NeoHelper likes this.
  9. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

lol good times!

Abiatha and NeoHelper like this.
  10. Monsoon

Monsoon New In Town

switching the gender is not my thing but people should be free to choose if they want to create a male or a female avatar. This is a part of the game. Fairplay and honesty should be high goods and if I use another gender i have to tell the truth. i am male and use a female ava because of different reasons. People who directly call this a pervy should free their mind. i did not here to play evil.

Abel, Abiatha, Xotica Goddess and 2 others like this.
  11. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

100% Agreeed with you Monsoon

Abiatha likes this.
  12. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

Not allowing one to buy items in any fashion could hurt revenue for Neotopia. :)

Abiatha likes this.
  13. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

That wouldn't be fair if they couldn't switch back and forth :( I kinda disagree with this idea. Sorry :(

Abiatha and XxguthiX like this.
  14. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

I agree, since it should not bother anyone else if you choose to be male/female or both.

Abel, Abiatha and Seminole like this.
  15. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

Gonna have to disagree with the majority here....and agree with the OP. I think is idea is a good one.

Spooky-X-Mulder and NeoHelper like this.
  16. Six

Six ♚Übermensch♚

I'm someone who never really had any interest in playing as the opposite gender, that being said I'd have to disagree with gender-locking avatars, on account it is not really beneficial to anyone. If someone has no interest in playing as the opposite gender then don't, but for those who do, I don't see a reason to deny them that freedom. I'm assuming the posters reasoning for this is people who tend to lie about their gender, but unfortunately that will be a problem no matter what. People will find ways around it, such as multiple accounts or just choosing the opposite gender from the start. Gender-locking won't accomplish fixing this problem, all it will do is affect people who enjoy designing both genders.

17. Ashley

Ashley Fabulicious

I feel like you tried getting with a girl in Home and it turned out to be a guy or something of that scenario lol. What's the big deal with switching genders? I would use a male avi just to put those giant nDream heels on him and freak people out lol. It's about freedom

1. Abiatha
      I completely agree with you Ashley - if we can't be free in the virtual world, there's something not right.

Abiatha, Nov 23, 2014
  18. Tubifex-90

Tubifex-90 Home Addict ^_^

As someone already said there probably would be way less "lesbians" on Home if they added it that's for sure lol. However not all people use it only for that reason. There are several reasons why people prefer the opposite gender. I prefer using a female avi because in my opinion they have the better clothes and ... as well as for other reasons. xD
    People should be free to decide which gender their avatar is. It's almost same as saying don't allow animal avatars unless you're one in real lol.

19. Ashley

Ashley Fabulicious

The lesbian theory is actually really funny lol, but you do have to pick a gender at the beginning so it probably wouldn't really work, if the guys are willing to stay as girl Avis that is.

Abiatha likes this.
  20. Tubifex-90

Tubifex-90 Home Addict ^_^

I'm sure there still would be enough guys willing to stay female all the time just so they can continue their "lesbian experience" lol. Anyway my point is there are several reasons why people might want to use the opposite gender, so it shouldn't be fixed.

Abiatha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.