1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

NO GENDER SWITCHING!

Discussion in 'Avatars & Interactions' started by Tallcaligirl_63, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXFableStoryXx

xXFableStoryXx New In Town

I don't switch genders, I find it very weird. I did edit my female once and compared on who had a better looking girl with my friend, and that was fun, but to actually play as a Female while you're actually a Male? Talk about Cyber Predators. If anything, they should allow you to switch back and forth on the genders, but there should be a Bio on a player that says what gender they selected to be in the start of the game. Like, if you click a Female's bio and it says Gender: Male, then you'd know it's a guy.

Xotica Goddess likes this.
  2. Brises

Brises New In Town

What's to stop a guy from starting out as a female avatar? Or vice versa? No matter how it works, you can never know who is really behind the avatar. So why even worry about it?

Abiatha and Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO like this.
  3. Sophronia

Sophronia New In Town

If you're being harassed, yes, you should take advantage of ignore features. But, players shouldn't have to feel like they should switch genders to hide and avoid harassment. Unfortunately we do not live in a perfect world.. or a perfect virtual world.. so some people feel this way. I completely understand why some players prefer everyone use their own genders but everyone should have the freedom to express themselves how they desire and play games how they like over what others prefer.

Why limit people? Because others dislike it? Then 'others' should use the ignore feature and ignore them. How I see it: This isn't much of an issue with players role-playing as other genders but more for those wanting to meet specific genders (like for online dating) based on how an avatar looks -- now that would be dumb.

I'm quoting your post but I'm not directing this towards you! Just more thoughts on this subject.

4. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

Having the ability to switch genders is a great thing to have in a virtual world exp for those who make movies much like a lot of us did in Home. Being stuck with a male only avatar would mean we would need another person of the other gender to do certain scenes. I don't mind that but if it is only a small part and the person filming wants to do it all their self then they should be able to switch and fulfill their dream of what they wanted in a movie created in Neotopia.

5. Gundyrat

Gundyrat Squatter

Not sure if any of you have seen the Hamster Freedom productions film on YouTube Hammies need a workout " [TABLE="border: 1, cellpadding: 1, width: 500"]
    [TR]
    [TD]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOMHTm2dtCs[/TD]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    " but in it I play both male and female rolls for the sake of production, the whole idea of a virtual world is to be who or what you want to be. we are forced in society or stereo typed in to a particular roll at an early age we shouldn't also be forced in that same way in a virtual world, being what you want to be is what makes 3dchat,secondlife, Meeez, Avakinlife etc attractive and successful lets not impose sexual orientation requirement on a virtual avatar to make neoptopia work, the best policy is to be honest with yourself, be honest with your friends and be honest with each other and to use the transparent ignore feature for everyone else

Abiatha and Xotica Goddess like this.
  6. dannyboy444

dannyboy444 Squatter

its as silly as saying because i played as Chun Li when i first bought SS4 i can only play as her or other female characters lol, i like a bit of Akuma action too!

7. moriantha

moriantha New In Town

This whole topic is stupid. If it doesn't affect you in a way that harms you or the people you care about, then stfu about it and stop trying to control people. This line of thinking is just as bad as the Westboro Baptist Church.
    [HR][/HR]

Attached Files:

8. Tubifex-90

Tubifex-90 Home Addict ^_^

Lol:

[video=youtube;jlZa3hYylmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlZa3hYylmk[/video]

Abiatha, Xotica Goddess and Seminole like this.
    1. Abiatha
      lol!

Abiatha, Nov 23, 2014
  9. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

That's it huh? Your very first post here and you tell people to STFU....and compare them to one of the worst hate groups in America. Nice.....

10. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

moriantha said:
    This is a dead horse now. Pro gender-benders have more than enough support to ensure a win in any vote that takes place in the future. Just getting ugly now.....

Xotica Goddess likes this.
  11. moriantha

moriantha New In Town

Just because it's my first post doesn't mean I haven't been paying attention to the forums. I only made my account today for the sole purpose of writing this, but I've been coming here for longer and never had anything to say. And, yes, anyone that thinks that way about gender switching is the same type of person that would hate on actual transgendered or transexual people and therefore just as bad as one of the worst hate groups in America.

Abiatha likes this.
  12. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

I don't use a male avatar but I think people should be free to choose. It's not a big deal in my opinion if someone wants to switch avatars.

What IS A SIN is people who are deceptive, lie and show stolen pictures of someone who is not them. That is not only cruddy but it's breaking the law and terms of service.
    I know a man on Home that exclusively uses a female avatar because that's how he feels most comfortable He cross dresses in real life too BUT, he is honest with people about who he is. He doesn't try to convince anyone that he is female.
    He is a genuine, dear, sweet, man and I am proud to call him my friend :)

13. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

Awesome and refreshing. I am glad you enjoy Home and you are honest and not deceptive. You can friend me if you like Vex :)

Abiatha likes this.
  14. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

it's not dumb Spooky! Its the way Vicky chooses to handle it. Don't insult people because you don't agree.

15. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

No you are wrong and I seriously question whether you have been reading this thread as you say. The discussion has been a pros and cons of gender switching in the game...not actual transgender, transsexual, transvestite. People have posted their reasons, whether it be an expression of freedom, artistic, harassment avoidance, etc. I haven't posted the cons because I said in the later post, this is a dead issue since the vast majority want it. But if I must....there were a number of mainstream media reports about Second Life where child molesters routinely used young female avatars and identities to join groups of actual young girls (or boys) in discussions and private areas. I don't need to describe further how that went down. Another is simply the trolling that comes about by abuse of transgender avatars to embarrass others. Personally, I like to know if I am talking to a male or female. I'm old school...I still open doors for women, give them my seat on the bus and pick up the check.....but mainly I talk differently to them. I try to tone down my cussing and and not tell off-color jokes.

As for real world LGBT issues, I am as liberal as they come. So spare me your righteous indignation and just admit you made a mistake with your first post.

16. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

Well, if you dont treat Neotopia like EHarmony (trying to pick up cyber dates and have pixel relationships) then...it really should'nt matter what gender people choose to be. People go on virtual world's for the freedom of expression, that they may not find elsewhere. I dont think it is fair, for people to place such restrictions on the populace. What about the LGBT community, who prefer to crossdress? Should we banish them, too? I can guranatee, that is one community of people ya'll DONT wanna upset, lol.

17. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

5 years ago there was a PlayStation Home video called 'A Place Called Home' shown in Central Plaza right about the time the Chamber Apartment came out. It shown a guy in a suit I think putting his keys down and going on Home. His avy had a mowhawk and was the total opposite of him. And one girl went from her real life to a character in Street Fighter. Then it ended with all of them dancing in hamster costumes, lol Then the hamster outfit got released. As long as no one is hurt people should be allowed to buy and wear what they want. :cool: I found the video on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak8Hl-3jFw

18. Homer

Homer Homer Sapiens

Like people said before , we all have the right 2 be who we wanna be in a virtual world , that's why it's "virtual" ;)
    Not being able 2 switch gender will only encourage people 2 create a "noob" account .
    Of course , it's easy enough 2 see which ones r real .
    Usually it'll take less then 5 minutes 2 figure out it's a fake .
    They all make the same mistakes in the end :)
    And neotopia isn't a datingsite !
    Remember, no-one can trick you into anything : you can only LET YOURSELF get tricked ;)
    Don't think of it as a problem when you can be the solution yourself !​

19. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I agree with you on this and I don't think it's cool that some people are deceiving others. Just be honest.

Abiatha and Love Enchantress like this.
  20. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

Hilarious!!!! I can't stop laughing! Thx for posting this it made my night lol

Abiatha and Love Enchantress like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.