1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

NO GENDER SWITCHING!

Discussion in 'Avatars & Interactions' started by Tallcaligirl_63, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tubifex-90

Tubifex-90 Home Addict ^_^

Lol this is the better version:

[video=youtube;jbyfoodph2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbyfoodph2Y[/video]

(If it's blocked in your country use http://www.unblockyoutube.us)

Abiatha likes this.
    1. Abiatha
      I always wondered who Sony modelled that standard male avatar on, lol!

Abiatha, Nov 23, 2014
  2. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I like the commercial part of it.

Abiatha and Love Enchantress like this.
  3. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

Yeah Home used to be pretty innocent like your video started. It's hard to believe it got the way it has now. Godfather 2 was actually a place to go play cards upstairs. The Playground was featured at E3 2010 Home event right before it come out. You could actually go there and dance and play Horse and have fun. Now we have freezers who freeze us just trying to have a good time with friends. Well Neotopia has a chance to start fresh. A chance to be the way Home was at first only better. Lets get Neotopia funded and make new memories. :cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak8Hl-3jFw

Abiatha and Xotica Goddess like this.
    1. Abiatha
      Thanks for posting this video, although I get a bit sad watching them, because for all its failings I am really gonna miss Home a lot.

Abiatha, Nov 23, 2014
    2. JasonReso
      Aww me too Abiatha :)

JasonReso, Nov 25, 2014
  4. Zeelot

Zeelot Squatter

Gender switching shouldn't be a big issue at this time, it benefited PS Home a lot financially as a lot of male users liked the content the females had. I myself have a female avatar and I use it to create New looks nobody has not to go looking for attention or find a girlfriend. The idea is good and bad but in the end its about enjoying the game which ever way you can and if that means you find more fun dressing up your avatar as a female...well so be it.

We are in a virtual world were we can play a game and create anything or anyone, its the user who controls his/her own fate in the end.

5. Vex

Vex New In Town

While the comparison may be a bit extreme...I think the problem, here, is the language used in the OP, as well as some of it since then, in comments.
    The only people griping about gender switching are people whose language relating to this issue comes off as intolerant...period.
    YOU personally may not see it that way...but what you ARE doing is self-admittedly treating women in real life differently than you do men...which means you most likely do it on PSH, as well.
    You realize even soft feminists would jump all over you for that, right?
    Regardless...what you are pissed about is the fact that someone MIGHT deceive you, or maybe you have been deceived in the past, and feel burned by it.
    So basically, you don't want others to be able to experience their own brand of fun...in a FANTASY WORLD...because of your own poor experiences with such.
    That is ridiculous.
    Everyone has bad experiences with things, all the time...it doesn't mean they suddenly get to dictate what goes on, like a fascist.
    "Old School" does not apply here...sorry.
    I am way "older school" than most people on PSH, because I remember when there weren't computers, and interactions were all physical, or handwritten.
    In fact, this is extremely new school, and uninformed thinking...which, again, is why I think the comparison to Westboro was made.
    You do not have to like gender switching...and you are obviously welcome to take whatever steps you feel are necessary to not be a "victim" to the predatory element that uses it...but that is not the larger percentage of people who do, and you need to admit that and deal with it.
    Intolerance is intolerance...it doesn't matter who is doing it, or where it takes place.

Abiatha likes this.
  6. Vex

Vex New In Town

THIS...exactly...thank you.
    Moral of the Story...and what I tried to say in my original comment on this idiocy...
    Do not blame gender switching in video games for the deceptive actions of PEOPLE.
    It is not the same thing...and you'd do well to learn that, before interacting with anyone...in a virtual or physical world

Abiatha likes this.
  7. Tubifex-90

Tubifex-90 Home Addict ^_^

Also keep in mind without the possibilty to use the opposite gender most avatars on Home would be dudes. Ask yourself do you really want a Home or Neotopia full of dude avis? xD

8. NeonClouds

NeonClouds New In Town

Nice way of explaining it and I agree as well.

Abiatha likes this.
  9. iLikeChicken

iLikeChicken New In Town

If it's like DCUO where you can make multiple characters (male/female, hero/villian) then fine, set it and forget it. But if you can only have the one avatar then no, gender should not be set. You should be able to choose and do what you want. Some people are into cosplay.

10. PYAWAKITT

PYAWAKITT New In Town

Hmmm, sorry but I have to disagree with the OP.
    I believe we should all be able to switch between female/male avatars, as we wish.
    I have used both for cosplays, making of video/films, pictorials etc.
    There is an added advantage to the devs, in the fact that they can sell more clothing items, if it is open to both female/male.
    I have met many people that used PShome, that were using female avatars but were men, and the opposite. I never had a problem with it.
    With that being said, I would like to have the option of purchasing male clothing items to wear on my female avatar, so I guess what I am saying is, there is a need to have more clothing for cross dressing? Just a thought, because there were many times that I found the jackets etc. that they made for the males, I would have loved to have for my female avatar.
    I agree with someone else's comment though, that please do not "force" both male/female items on us, let that be a choice for each of us to make.

11. CreeHawk

CreeHawk New In Town

It is the freedom to make his avater anyway you want
    No matter, woman or man
    It is important that good behavior in the community.
    Not good are the people with dozens of accounts.
    If the account panned they come back
    This is bad for the community.;)

12. Xotica Goddess

Xotica Goddess Plebian

lmao yeah!

Abiatha likes this.
  13. Xotica Goddess

Xotica Goddess Plebian

you know it really is about freedom. what you see is not really ever what u get in virtual worlds anyway, if somebody takes it as a dating service, they can request mic or camera chat. for the rest of us playing for fun, i would be thinkin, who cares?

Abiatha likes this.
  14. Xotica Goddess

Xotica Goddess Plebian

or just make microphone chat mandatory for people who want to use neotopia to date! lol

Strong Lover likes this.
  15. Xotica Goddess

Xotica Goddess Plebian

maybe because they can't afford two ps3's or ps4's in their family? using a microphone or cam chat solves the problem of people trying to fake you anyway.

Strong Lover likes this.
    1. Abiatha
      Yes, I have had people want me to use a mic because they just won't believe I am female.

Abiatha, Nov 23, 2014
  16. Xotica Goddess

Xotica Goddess Plebian

that's right, people do share id names. families may only have one ps3 or ps4, plus if it really is a concern just ask a friend to chat with you over a mic or camera!

17. Xotica Goddess

Xotica Goddess Plebian

you know, that's a really good idea. have all the freedom to gender switch your avi anytime, but make it where there is a space in your profile that says: real life gender: female, male, or other. now seeing that or seeing it blank would be very telling. honest people would have an answer in that space. like y lie to a person for say 'intimate' reasons on a virtual if you plan to meet up? are you gonna to get an over-night sex-change? lmao really

18. Xotica Goddess

Xotica Goddess Plebian

that was great! notice how most all the guys that gathered around were either dressed like gangsters or had gangster id names? kinda telling there too.

19. Xotica Goddess

Xotica Goddess Plebian

its really sad, but that is true. you know you dont have to go to the spaces that are full of gangster wannabes anyway.

20. JR1

JR1 Plebian

There's one pro & a million cons to using a femava on Home. The pro is people are usually nicer to a femava. I don't have enough room to write all of the cons. One in particular would be every horny 12 year old on Home will hit on you constantly.

Abiatha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.