1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Server Outage

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by NeoTech, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeoTech

NeoTech Neotopia Tech. Staff Member Administrator Developer

Apologies for the server being down. Disk had filled up, mostly due to the file system being laid out badly.

Hoovering the bits and bytes up now and throwing the dirty ones away.

2. GreyNeo

GreyNeo Neotopia Community Manager Staff Member Administrator

Thank you very much, @NeoTech for the update and for helping to get us back online! Have a great Saturday and Valentine's Day! =^)

Abiatha, Uniquez_SLB and Tara(dx) like this.
  3. Sam1knight

Sam1knight Life in Balence

We had know it was offline for Hours I tryied to Contact Someone but, there was No response who do we Contach should this Issue Occur again is there a Number or a Email we can use this is Cruciel we Have a Secondary Contact point so issue like this will be address thank for reading life in balance and yes it working now thank you :)

[Sam Edit] My last Comment was Answered so no worry also Happy V-Day :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Reason for edit: i saw that if you buy one fruit cup at Starbucks they give u another one for free wow:)
  4. C.Birch

C.Birch Forum Tech Staff Member Administrator

Just want to add something to the first post, so its more clear. The forum file system is fine, it's the route servers one they are talking about so the forum itself is fine.

As for contact, please do not contact me, because i have limited access to the server so can not fix core problems like the ones that happened above. I'll guess contacting Grey would be the best bet, so she can contact Neotech and Dave.

5. GreyNeo

Thank you for the clarification @C.Birch ! Anyone that notices the site is down can contact me and I'll get the balling rolling to get us back up and running as soon as possible. The issue with this outage is it went out overnight in the UK. So as soon as Neotech was informed, he was on it and we were back up in no time! Ty ty again, @NeoTech =^)

6. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Thank you I was wondering why it went offline, but thanks neotech for the update and thank you church for telling us to contact grey :) much appreciated

Abiatha, Sam1knight, GreyNeo and 2 others like this.
  7. Tara(dx)

Tara(dx) .Loopy

TyTyTy Uncle Spun & SpunDeDuke & Grey & NeoTech & C.Birch for everything 1423863747708. You all continue to do for our Neeeoootastic community......You're in our hearts 4ever(^___^)

8. Uniquez_SLB

Uniquez_SLB Gangsta

thnxs neotech, Uncle Sam, SpunDeDuke, Grey n C.Birch 4 the update :);)

9. GreyNeo

Also wanted to add a big neotastic thank you to @Tara(dx) , @kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto , and @NeoHelper for contacting me to let me know there were site issues! Very awesome commitment to the neotopia forums and the community as a whole. Ty ty you guys =^)

Big neotastic thank you to @UncleSpun - who is away at a wedding in Scotland - for his part in getting the forums back up and running as well. As soon as he received my msg, he msged the mm crew and we were back up very shortly afterwards - ty ty ty Dave =^)

Dave also asked me to pass along his apologies to the community about the site being down :)

10. Sam1knight

Sam1knight Life in Balence

Greetings :)
    Thank for the Post, and yes Disreguard my last comment, LegoFire u can edit it lol :) but everday at times Unexpected thing happen but were a community and will always find ways to Overcome thing thank you all taught me that with honor sam :)

Abiatha, Tara(dx) and GreyNeo like this.
  11. kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto

kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto Well-Known Member

Ooh I did not known David is in Scotland at a wedding Veiled.

12. NeoTech

NeoTech Neotopia Tech. Staff Member Administrator Developer

Yeah, if the server breaks, it's me who'll fix it and quite possibly me who bust it. The file system issue was nothing to do with the web-site, just how the server was set-up. Bit of a rush those first few days, and mistakes were made (again, by me).

13. Tara(dx)

Tara(dx) .Loopy

Have to say this is the best community PhotoGrid_1423841560746. and Grey plzzz tell Dave safe travels & Hugggss from us(^___^)

GreyNeo, Sam1knight and Abiatha like this.
  14. Arwen

Arwen Resident

No worries NeoTech, at least it's up and running again.

15. Tara(dx)

Tara(dx) .Loopy

It's ok NeoTech no worries we all make mistakes.....TyTy sooo much for fixing it truly much appreciated thankyou.

GreyNeo, Sam1knight and Abiatha like this.
  16. Abiatha

Abiatha Petrolhead

I am relieved to hear it was just some technical problems, I was worried it was due to some sort of external attack because it occurred on Valentine's Day. Thank you so much for fixing everything and hope everyone had a nice day.:joyful:

GreyNeo, Sam1knight and teentekken like this.
  17. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

Thank you very much for the update @NeoTech! ^^ While I was trying to go to the Neotopia forums, at first, I thought that this was my internet connection, but then I realized that the server was down. I also thank @Abiatha, @NeoHelper, @GreyNeo, @C.Birch, @UncleSpun, and everyone in Neotopia for fixing everything, and hope everyone had a great day.
    Happy Valentine's Day to everyone ^_^ PlayStation(R)Home Picture 07-21-2014 19-38-50.

18. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

But, I'm glad that it's up and running though, because I really want to make sure that everything is okay, and no server problems. Everyone in Neotopia are awesome.

19. GreyNeo

Topic has run it's course, ty again @NeoTech - closing thread. =^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.