1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

The Road Ahead - Ask away!

Discussion in 'General' started by UncleSpun, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

I don't see that as a problem. The vast majority of users will not have been backers. For example, this forum has over 540 members, but the KS only got 220 backers. That tells me that many people are interested, want the place to happen, but just won't pony up any money in advance....but would buy inside the game. Returning the money to backers is basically what would happen if Mad Munki went to bank for a loan anyway. But if it is a concern....maybe not a 100% return on investment, but some other system......something....50%?

Thee Rude Boy likes this.
  2. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

I agree with most people, here. Get a financial backer to help fund development. Get other developers on board to help share R&D and development costs. Supplement that with another kickstarter, maybe with a lower...smaller goal. $400,000 was just too unrealistic in one month. I dont think we even reached 1/4th of that, during the kickstarter. LOL.

Spend some time seeding interest. Advertise and promote whenever and wherever possible. Keep doing the Q&A's. And keep releasing Neotopia content on Home. Use those sales to help funding.

And lastly...start working on some stuff to show off. Avatars, environments, apartments, the UI and so on. Let's get something besides benchmarks, like something near prototype development. Not many people were too impressed with the benchmark avatars.

When you need something to show people....think more like what Sony did before Home launched. Look at their promo video trailer, from 7 years ago...and you'll get an idea of what people wanna see from a Neotopia video. Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyquAXKeEI0

3. sweetheart-Amy

sweetheart-Amy New In Town

Please say You have a plan b

4. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

Thanks for the update and Happy Halloween! I hope you enjoy yourself at the pub. You deserve a time to relax after all the hard work you pulled off. I am so thrilled and excited for this journey ahead. I will always be in your corner and I'm eager to see what the future holds. So I "cheers" to you "to the future of neotopia" :)

UncleSpun likes this.
  5. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

I agree with interceptor, Its like a pre-order KS whereas you get your initial investment back and honestly there was no real incentive for me to go past Socialite since Im not doubling my pledge for an apartment, a bench or a statue.

6. GreyNeo

GreyNeo Neotopia Community Manager Staff Member Administrator

OMG @JasonReso! That was hilarious! I concur! DX is adorable and one of the best supporters we have. I vote YES for DX to be named mascot/head cheerleader! =^)

@dxkills16 Love your enthusiasm, Sweety! You always bring a smile to my face! =^) Keep it up! We're lucky to have you!

7. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

Oh wow shadow I have never seen that video, there is stuff there that never made it to Home apparently like dances and that trophy room was pretty impressive. Too bad those never made it into Home

8. PYAWAKITT

PYAWAKITT New In Town

Dave and team;
    Sorry that the kick-starter did not work, but I am looking forward to what you have planned now.
    You have such a great outlook and feel of community, and I will be there to support your next idea, and am eager to "embrace tomorrow".
    Enjoy yourself at the pub, and wish I could buy a round for you...........
    Happy Halloween and be safe!

UncleSpun likes this.
  9. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

Thank you for the post :). I can not wait to see what the future holds for Neotopia and its loving community. You will always have a pledge from me when the next backer request comes our way, as well as purchase in home.

Xotica Goddess and UncleSpun like this.
  10. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

Looking forward, and glad to be a part of this. Much appreciate what you and the team are doing for us Dave. Happy Halloween to everybody and the spooks standing behind them.

UncleSpun likes this.
  11. Arwen

Arwen Resident

Great to know this is not the end of the journey towards Neotopia and looking forward to the apartment, it will be money well spent.

Love Enchantress likes this.
  12. Roxy Jezabella

Roxy Jezabella New In Town

Hi Dave, good to hear we are not dead yet! :).....Could in-game advertising in neotopia be an option?, like advertising up-coming ps4 titles etc.....I also think the promotion flags, tshirts, and banner are a must in EU home if SCEE will let you publish them now?....The neotopia appartmant in home is a great idea too! :)....Mabe you could do some neotopia locomotion items and sell them as well?

UncleSpun likes this.
  13. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

Yeah, that was before the closed Beta. Before my time. It was probably an Alpha build that got scrapped, before the first closed Beta went live. To be fair tho, Sony already had most of that developed and had a prototype pre-Beta to show off, in that video. I dont think the Neo devs are anywhere close to that, yet. I was just sayin...I'd like to see something from them kinda like that video....when they get it that far. Show us what they can really do with that Unreal 4 Engine. That would sell a lot of people more than that benchmark vid.

14. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Still empessing (spell wrong) tomorrow. What never the plan is count me in as long not illegal XD

UncleSpun likes this.
  15. Whetsit Tuya

Whetsit Tuya New In Town

Obviously the brisk kickstarter wasn't gonna work in the slightest, you were hoping that some random wealthy guy would throw money at it and have it funded. You waited 3 weeks to make half a model and didn't advertise until 2 weeks went by. You were asking pledges from kids and hackers on Home, they either replied with "idc if home ending, i wont worry til it happens" or "WAT!? HOMES ENDING!? IDC WAT NEOTOPIA IS R WE GETTING REFUNDED?", the only way you could realistically get this working is to actually do some work on it then find a sponsor, people are sorely unimpressed by the tech demo WIP we saw, we expect much more from the world's most advanced engine. If you need a precedent (one of the 3 core components of innovation) watch the 2007 Sony tech demo for Home.

16. Greenshade

Greenshade Neotopian

Glad to see you guys aren't giving up on your dream Dave. I'm not going anywhere either. Looking forward to the things to come.

Dave would you consider starting another crowdfunding campaign after Home has closed? Obviously get a load more finished media up together to show everyone before you start a new campaign.

Best of luck! Keep us posted.

17. Pokemon_Mew_24

Pokemon_Mew_24 PrinceSnivy24

This is great news! Great to see a Plan B and looking forward to Neotopia Hub on Home! :-D

UncleSpun likes this.
  18. Lianara

Lianara Citizen

Oooh ouchie, my head kinda hurts. Dam, beer and sparkling wine... oO ... I should have known better xD
    Dave, i hope your trip to the pub didnt backfire as mine did :)

Anyways, thanks for the update and i am looking forward for that hub appartment. I hope this time it will be in EU, too, so I can buy it for both of my accounts.

Finally a big thanks to all neotopians for continuing. You guys at madmunki had me from day one with that neotopia idea abd now you will have to deal with the fact that i am going to stay until the end.

Cheers

19. Kusanagi Motoko

Kusanagi Motoko New In Town

I won't give up\(*⌒0⌒)bがんばっ♪

20. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

Thx for posting this. To add I also waited for the ability to be able to play your own music that was stored on your ps3 into home but that too never happened. Would have been kewl to be able to stream the videos from your ps3 on those big screen TVs in home as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.