1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Time For Some Tough Love

Discussion in 'General' started by TSUNADE1224, Oct 28, 2014.

1. iLikeChicken

iLikeChicken New In Town

I'm not sure why people are having a go at Tsu for posting her opinion. Is there some rule that states that users that enjoy virtual worlds have to be so bitchy to each other? If I had been trying to promote Neotopia as hardcore as she has and this is what was released I'd be pretty embarrassed too.

Does anyone else think the avatar has a small head, big body and noodle arms? In all honesty, if Neotopia was released tomorrow and had avatars that looked like that, I'd still play it. Sure it's a little goofy but it isn't horrible. There is so much more to a virtual world than simply what your character looks like. If it was all about the look of the avatar then I probably wouldn't play DCUO, you can't even change the facial features on there. At least what they have shown us doesn't look like Mr. Blobby or those creepy XBox Live avatars. However, since they're using U4, there is definitely room for improvement.

I really believe they should hold off a while before restarting the kickstarter (if they can), and show us a finished product or two.

TSUNADE1224 and Seminole like this.
  2. Tura Satana

Tura Satana Squatter

Hello, can I simply dislike something, please? Thank you. If this is how its gonna be, where anyone without a popular opinion is gonna be trashed for not handing out madmunki cotton candy with every post, then theres really no point in taking part here.

TSUNADE1224 likes this.
  3. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

Yes Scarlet Bravisimo!! You told me off good ... makes you proud dont it? I especially like the part where you speak about positive energy but then tell me if I dont like it, I can leave and that this applies to all negative people. It sure takes a real positive person to say such things ... right? In any event it is simply my opinion and if you dont like it then maybe you can USE your own advice or just simply ignore my posts since they are not directed at you.

4. Arwen

Arwen Resident

I know the avatar wasn't that impressive and it was obviously done as quickly as possible to get it to us, but it is a work in progress and remember we were the one's that wanted to see how the avatar would look, as the saying goes "be careful what you wish for". Im sure if they'd had more time it would have made a difference.
    I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt, I'm more than prepared to wait and see.

Haymaker Snoopy-Panda likes this.
  5. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Why does everyone have to argue, complain, and make some kinda of 1year old debate...? Its a game that the developers are working so hard to make what WE WANT they could make it the way they want, but no they are making it for us they are making our world... The players world... The world of our dreams that Sony didnt do for us... Stop arguing, stop complaining, stop crying over spilled milk because we should all be grateful for what they are doing for us. They are trying their hardest they are working their best! We should all just stop especially stop the little drama fest because you say you dont want drama on neotopia or dont want it to be like home yet you are acting like pshome... I'm grateful and I'm going to continue to support neotopia til the end!

6. iNocturnal

iNocturnal everything is so temporary

Yes neotopia till the end !

7. Spooky-X-Mulder

Spooky-X-Mulder Squatter

good point Mr Unknown :) Theres an old expression that says "if you dont have anything nice to say about a conflicting opinion, dont say anything at all" This applies best on these forums

NeoHelper likes this.
  8. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

I trully hope your not serious about not taking part here or in these forums everyone is welcome and Its not all bad, I mean you did somehow earn the title of princess ;)

9. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

Its a representation of a product they want funded by the community and promoted by the community and its not suppose to be something that curbs curiousity. Its not a gift or a token of esteem and the video while ok for some, it is not appropriate for a KS campain. The kickstarter is not being funded just by us, if that was the case then we would have reached the goal and that would be the end of it.

It needs the attention of those who have not pledged yet, I wasnt looking forward to the video because "I' wanted to see what it looks like. I was looking forward to it so that I can show it to as many skeptic people as possible to gain their support/pledge because we need it and without it "Our world" will not happen. If and when there is a plan B I hope they are trully prepared, because if they are not then we are going to see the same results all over again.

My opinion is mine alone and I dont expect anyone to agree with it, but as a consumer I have every right to voice it.

10. iNocturnal

Yes you do have rights to voice your opinion of course and no one is denying this , however do expect some sort of backlash or negative comments coming your way aswell as positives . 2 sides of the same coin always is the case regardless of who you are creating a topic . For example if people are voting some people vote yes some people vote no .

11. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

others don't vote at all. :D

12. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

Of course! I havent lashed out at anyone who doesnt agree with me, I have not been rude or disrespectful, when I read a post its not about agreeing with me and I honestly expected no one here to see my point of view, but I was hoping madmunki was open enough to listen. We can say how we like it all we want but its not gonna get us any closer to reaching that goal and that is just as frustrating for me as It is to anyone else.

I have spent lots of my own time promoting and convincing people to pledge and just last night I was arguing with a friend about neotopia and the excuses they use not to support it and pledge. I can tell you my typical conversation on Home and for demostrative purposes I will call them User1.
    • So User1 says "They dont have money to fund their own project - So then I explain how KS work and how it benefits us.
    • So then User1 says "Oh but I have to buy a PS4" - I tell them that I dont have one either but it wont be out anytime soon and I will use that time to save up for it.
    • So then User1 says "Oh but its also gonna require PS+" - then I tell them that its is not gonna require Plus.
    • So then User1 says "am I gonna be able to keep my Home items?" I explain how Home items are licensed and cannot be transfered and so this conversation goes on and on and on.
    I was expecting at the very least some amazing pictures, so that I can then show all the skeptics of Home what they would be missing out on if neotopia doesnt become a reality and even if we didnt reach the goal we could at least see an influx of people interested in the project enough to get corporate backing

We all want the same thing, I just dont kid myself and its a disservice to them to pretend its all good. Wheater plan B's target audience is the community or corporate backers, they still need a finished rendition of the product they are seeking to fund which is my point and if they dont have one then the outcome will be the same or worse.

Seminole likes this.
  13. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

Oh! I have also explained to many how at this point there is 0 risk because this late in the campain even if 1,000 or 2,000 people pledged we would still not reach the goal and they wont get charged a penny, BUT It would show interest in the project for future backing.

14. Greenshade

Greenshade Neotopian

Every opinion counts ;)

But like the devs have said, "Please be aware that this avatar is a work in progress and is not fully representative of how the final avatars will look, with further improvements and details to be added in the future."

They've worked wonders in the time scale that they've had. I know it could have been handled better but live and learn and all that.

Hopefully they'll scrap their plans for getting the beta out in April and concentrate on finishing the avatars and other media then relaunch a fresh Kickstarter after Home has closed its doors. That's my own opinion anyway.

Neotopia all the way :cool: If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again - William E Hickson

15. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

Odd this posted in the wrong thread

16. iNocturnal

@NeoHelper it was an example . And people do vote for example who they want to elect as priminister

17. Spooky-X-Mulder

Spooky-X-Mulder Squatter

This is how it is unfortuantley some of these sad people attack anyones opinions if they conflict with their own. Its a shame when your opinion is attacked And i would know seeing as ive been critical of the campaign since the beginning not neotopia in general just the campaign and all i got was hate and attacks and now here we are a month later and all those people who were attacking my opinion have now agreed with it lol hilarious and sad at the same time
    In closing its your right to have an opinion and **** anyone who doesnt like it. Your free to speak your mind here and if these morons want to attack you for it best to just ignore them.

XxguthiX likes this.
  18. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

You have seem to "once again" miss the mark on this one, since it is not me Tura is refering to. One has to admire your hard work and dedication to stiring the pot all day. Keep in mind the more you do it the more of a disservice you do to yourself. Carry On!!

19. Spooky-X-Mulder

Spooky-X-Mulder Squatter

i edited it for you princess lol And thats funny seeing as its you who stirs the pot by posting all day not me LMFAO thats obvious to anyone here. But im done with you now, please go back to attacking each other while i watch from the sidelines.

20. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

Its ok, since this doesnt hurt me one bit :D, you however have taken an opportunity to make something great and have chosen to focus your attention on a ridicuous vendetta that only makes YOURSELF appear in a negative light. All this you have done with no one else's help but your own. Great Job!